Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am new to the forum so firstly, Hi everyone! :)

My car is the 1.8t Quattro, I bought this used and it still has 'used car warranty' active so if anything needs doing to fix this it should all be covered.
Ok, now for the problem I am having. As the subject says I have started to hear a slight 'squeaking' noise coming from (I think) the front passenger side, it doesn't really do it when driving straight, mainly when turning corners/slight turn in the road. The squeak is not a continuous noise, it is usually a quick squeak and then it will stop....until I turn another corner!

I have only really noticed it since the weather has been warmer....whether that's just because I haven't had the windows open with it being cooler and therefore only hearing it recently due to having the windows open more often.

If anyone has any ideas of what this could be/have experienced it themselves I would be keen to hear your thoughts please as I wanted to get some kind of idea of what I am dealing with here before going back to the dealer (which is about 45 minutes drive from me). Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers,
Jay

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Would have thought it would be your arb bushes mate

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KammyTT said:
Would have thought it would be your arb bushes mate
Hi KammyTT, thanks for your reply, does it take a lot to sort this? moneywise + time? Like I say it has warranty at the moment but just interested to see if it is something that really requires being booked into a garage and the drive there and back.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Dont go to audi!!!!!!!! They will charge £300+

Independant will charge £100+

·
Registered
5,665 Posts

Typically, the squeaking is because the plastic sleeve on the ARB has cracked. New bushing alone will not eliminate squeek. Most folk here remove it when replacing the bushing. I scored mine with a dremel to remove, then chipped it off with a flathead screwdriver. If you do this, try to leave the raised collar on the ARB to maintain proper position. if you can't, you can either press ahead without it or buy a replacement metal collar that is secured by grub screws.

If you do go this route as it is significantly cheaper than a replacement ARB, be sure to go with 1 size smaller bushing. My oem size was 20mm so once I removed the sleeve, I installed a 19mm bushing.

HOWTO here: http://public.fotki.com/TTQ2K2/tt-suspension-build/front-swaybar-bushings/

cheers.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Could be track rod end just had mine done for the same problem. Try and turn the wheel by rocking it side to side with the ignition off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for their responses, I think I need to get in touch with garage I bought it from and look at what can be done under the warranty!

Bray boy - it doesn't seem to do it when stationary, does this mean it is a different problem?

·
Registered
392 Posts
jays001 said:
Bray boy - it doesn't seem to do it when stationary, does this mean it is a different problem?
As someone said earlier it could possibly be the arb bushes. Best to get it checked out. Sorry I couldn't be much more help.

Cheers dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.