Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so what can the factory fitted internals take power wise
for the 3 cars rated at 150,180 and 225 bhp (turbo charged cars not v6)
regardless of what you bolt on to achieve the power .

thanks

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one ?

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Pistons are apparently good for 400BHP, the weakness comes with the torque. the max factor is 340lb/ft and i think when Janman is refering to 380, he's refering to me with my torque.. yes still of stock internals (i do have some rods but not fitted) so truth of the matter is you'll never get to 400BHP as the torque will bend the rods way before 400BHP.. seen a few stage 3's with GT28's and just rods on the internal side...

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
tony_rigby_uk said:
Pistons are apparently good for 400BHP, the weakness comes with the torque. the max factor is 340lb/ft and i think when Janman is refering to 380, he's refering to me with my torque.. yes still of stock internals (i do have some rods but not fitted) so truth of the matter is you'll never get to 400BHP as the torque will bend the rods way before 400BHP.. seen a few stage 3's with GT28's and just rods on the internal side...
No I was refering to Wak actually :lol:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so do the internals not differ from engine to engine with different power outputs?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Does the 225 not have forged internals already? I read somewhere that VAG did this so it could take the extra power since it's essentially just an upgrade from the slower 1.8ts?

..or am I dreaming again?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Chris_TT said:
Does the 225 not have forged internals already? I read somewhere that VAG did this so it could take the extra power since it's essentially just an upgrade from the slower 1.8ts?

..or am I dreaming again?
I read the same thing somewhere Chris, one of few major internal differences I believe [smiley=book2.gif]

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So in ball park figures the 150 bhp is rated at?
180bhp is good for 275bhp?
225 is good for 340lb/ft but nearer 375bhp?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Think you need to think about is the wear allready on the Stock Engine you want to tune!! If the car has been driven hard most of its life and you then up the power to there threshold theres more chance of it breaking. If it has been drove normally and sensible for most of its life and been well looked after you'd have a better chance of it lasting.

The thing about it is how much risk you want to take really. I personally wouldn't on stock internal but each to there own :)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
kazinak said:
st3v3 said:
So in ball park figures the 150 bhp is rated at?
180bhp is good for 275bhp?
225 is good for 340lb/ft but nearer 375bhp?
sooo, you have made terrible mistake by buying 150 and now thinking about more power :lol: :lol: :lol:
I did buy the 150bhp TTR

The car is pretty much mint in all aspects with no faults other than lower arm rear bushes need swapping.
The car has no fault codes and is quiet and *tight* so by no means a mistake.

To put things in to perspective,Ive had fast cars,RSturbo,scooby running a tad under 275 bhp,but wanted something different this time,the TTR came up at a very good price so I bought it.

But to bait you a little more,I do want more power but I'm a person who likes a challenge,I'll tune the car,if the engine lets go then so be it,ill sort out a rebuild with a BT conversion.

I've already spoken to two very very know tuners on here who both say with thier re-maps alone I could see about 200 bhp+ now with a few more mods I've already got better power,effectively more so than your 225bhp 4wd TT due to the transmission losses.
In the very end i have a car that I want,that ows me nothing (yet) with a good usable power range,not much lag and that handles pretty good for a 2wd car.
So a mistake ? nahhh

By the way,you don't need big bhp to be fast,you need to know how to drive,then a 1.25 fiesta can be quick ;-)

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
By the way,you don't need big bhp to be fast,you need to know how to drive,then a 1.25 fiesta can be quick
that my friend is it in a nut shell,and i am that one with a fast car and mr sloooooooooow :oops:

i have had a 150 with a map m8, trust me nothing up with it was a fast fooker 8) and looks like it was the same as you have

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bigsyd said:
i have had a 150 with a map m8, trust me nothing up with it was a fast fooker 8)
Well this is it,it's only people on thier pedestal who think there's something wrong with the 150,when it's not what you have but how it used ;-)

I've seen in the short time I've been on this forum,people being almost laughed at because they have the 150 or even the 180 bhp cars,usually by the people who have 225's which is pretty piss poor to be honest and obnoxious to say the least.

TBH I can afford to go buy a porche Cayman right now if I wanted and not even blink at the cost,but this car came up cheap,so I had this instead :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.