Audi TT Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Roadster
11,534 Posts
Great work! (y) Please be sure to put a wiring diagram together so others can follow this installation.

·
Registered
403 Posts
guys good morning then, to have the function as follows, i.e. switch on the ignition with key, start the engine both from light and from a button, switch off the engine from the key, as I did while keeping the remote control functions unaltered, just pull out the two red and yellow cables from the key block by removing module 16 under the steering wheel; I extended them up to the fuse, I taped them to the certiplast and I connected the wireless button kit; there are various forms of buttons, in my case the Bluetooth receiver emits the signal in the form of mass so I had to use a relay but other kits work by emitting the positive.

now I have to power the buttons on the steering wheel, I would need to know which mass to connect to in order to have power when the panel is started; in the picture the airbag plug

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
guys by chance can you recommend a 10amp fuse in the fuse area that gives 12+ with the ignition on? I would need another piece of advice: could you tell me where to get power from the steering wheel only when the headlights are turned on?

to complete the job and connect the drive select button, which provides a wire that gives the mass, how do I connect it to the Sport button and the esp button?
1) am I going to connect my wire that gives ground to the wire of the sport button?

2) what is the pin of the sport button wire?

3) i think the sport button is powered by a constant 12+ pin is a wire that provides ground to trigger the button?

·
Registered
3.2 V6
4,932 Posts
The steering wheel illumination is controlled via LINbus, you would need to open the steering controls to tap into it, or possibly splice into wires to the paddles if you have an stronic

·
Registered
3.2 V6
4,932 Posts
This is the wiring for the paddle shifters
Automotive tire Guitar accessory Audio equipment Bumper Cable

·
Registered
403 Posts
I preferred to connect it to the positive of the airbag so they turn on even when I open the car; now I have the last problem to solve: from the drive select button only a wire comes out that provides negative when pressing the black button, I should connect it to the magnetic ride button and to the esp button, how do I do it?

Attachments

·
Registered
3.2 V6
4,932 Posts
Splicing into the airbag wire scares me a little, what if your button malfunctions and interferes with it somehow?

Reactions: SwissJetPilot

·
Registered
3.2 V6
4,932 Posts
What do the mag ride and esp buttons output when pressed?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Splicing into the airbag wire scares me a little, what if your button malfunctions and interferes with it somehow?
quiet it is correct to connect the power supply of the buttons to the power supply of the airbag, only for customization I wanted to connect the lighting cable to the power supply cable of the buttons and then take the positive from the one that powers the airbag, thus doing the buttons light up even when the car is opened and it's a very nice effect

·
Registered
3.2 V6
4,932 Posts
I'd take the power from the steering control buttons, should be pin 10 of the yellow connector or pin 2 of the black connector, red wire

Earth is pin 7 of the yellow connector or pin 3 of the black connector, brown wire

·
Registered
403 Posts
Sapete per caso quali sono i PIN della presa t16e che comandano la corsa magnetica e il tasto esp? sappiamo che il PIN 9 è il led del pulsante pdc!

·
Registered
403 Posts
oops, error, force of habit; rephrase it in English; “Do you by any chance know what are the PINs of the t16e socket that control the magnetic stroke and the esp key? we know that PIN 9 is the led of the pdc button! "

·
Registered
403 Posts
raga can't you find some wiring diagram or some reference to which is the pin of the magnetic ride and esp?

·
Registered
403 Posts
good morning guys, you wanted completed, I'm happy, the steering wheel I most wanted is now assembled and customized; I replaced the Oem paddles with these beautiful and very discreet without being excessive, totally in aluminum in the rear part compared to the Oems and also very beautiful with the illuminated LED; I repositioned the satellite buttons so that there is no space between the button and the spoke above, I managed to change the buttons by straightening the writing, now it's perfect and I can dedicate myself to connecting the black button to the sport function

Attachments

61 - 76 of 76 Posts