Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hay people made a start on my install yesterday. started to dynamat the doors inside. didnt belive how easy it was to remove the door cards, what happend to VAG cars having millions or screws in one panel. happy days :lol: then today ive dynamat where the rear speakers are inside and a little outside. ive remover the old 6.5inch mids and fitted my alpine typeR compenents in there. also removed the old bose amp. while i was at it removed the fromt seats too and fitted my 0 guage amp wire/ remote wires down the pass side very nice of them to put a gromit next to the pollen filter so thats where my amp wire went. also run rhe RCAs in down the middle by the stick/handbrake also with them is the wire to run the front rainbow comps :p that i bought today installed the mid in the door and fitted the card back on. used the factory wire just to get it thro the door installed the rainbow crossovers and im going to fit the rainbow tweeters in the side window vents on top of the days. hers some pix

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Good start.

Glad to see another TT rocking AWG0. Shame mine's just a cable run through the car with neither an amp nor a battery connected to either end. :lol:

So you're using the Type R as the rear speakers, and the rainbows up front?
What's the rest of the system spec gonna be?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AWGO???? yeh alpines in the back rainbow in the front using 2 alpine amps one 4ch one 2ch bridged. will be running my typeR 12" managed to put the amps between the door skin and the inner. with a little cutting :p also running a 250 farad lanzar power cap. 0 guage to the cap ans 4 guage to the amps. i was in a rush puthig the rear cards back on with the rain coming so didnt get pix. ohhhh also running a mb qautz??? 7 ch EQ

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ohhh AWG0= AWG 0(zero) sorry long day working on the car

·
Registered
265 Posts
Nice.

You do realise a power cap will probably do more harm than good?

You'd be better spending your time making sure your battery, ground and alternator are up to scratch.
If you're really low on power (which you shouldn't be for that system), I'd look at a second battery on split charge rather than the cap.

Looking forward to seeing how you get along :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
understand what u guys are saying. had the cap in a few cars and worked fine the lights stoped dimming after i fitted it in my first car and used it ever since. was thinking about upgrading the pos and neg leads on the batt and alternotor. also i have a few sets of comps/ 2 way speakers so didnt want leave a hole. i will be turning the rear down just to have a little rear fill. today im working on the tweeter pods. was thinging about the side window vents ontop of the dash but might put them in the A pillor afer ive bought some acustic carpet

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
kw_maher said:
Nice.

You do realise a power cap will probably do more harm than good?

You'd be better spending your time making sure your battery, ground and alternator are up to scratch.
If you're really low on power (which you shouldn't be for that system), I'd look at a second battery on split charge rather than the cap.

Looking forward to seeing how you get along :)
+1

Isn't the battery the biggest cap you should ever need anyway?? :?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Looks like a good start, don't see many install in TTs on here!

Was thinking of going for some 6.5" subs in the rear panels, and skipping the one in the boot. But think it wouldn't cover the lower frequencies as well?

How are you mounting the 12" in the boot? Wheel-well build?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kazinak said:
some inspiration for you a pillars ,quite easy job to do if you handy whit the tools :wink:

Hi mate how did u do ur A pillars? Mounted mine in the same place but wana do a better job. Did u use mdf the fibre glass it?

Also usin a normal 12 inch box. Could some one tell me if there is a resistor for the from woofer used the wire to get me to the door. Have a feeling goin have to route a wire straight to the woofer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts