Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Just thought I would enlighten you all to Audi and stereo coding.

I parked my TT up last week to clean it and whilst in the garage the battery went flat, the stereo went into safe mode :evil: .

I looked in the stereo instruction book to find the card with the code on had been removed and was not in the file :evil:

I called Newton Abbot Audi who informed me they don't have the code as the supplying dealer would be the only ones to have it. A call to Exeter Audi confirmed they supplied the car but in a precious incarnation and did not have any of the old data as "it wouldn't transfer to their new system" :evil:

They said to bring the car in and they would plug it in and code the stereo for me, this is the conversation:

Me "Hi, I need to code for my stereo please"
Audi " Certainly what is the reg no?"
Me " XX XX XXX"
Audi " I'm sorry sir we don't have any information on cars that old as it wasn't transferred to our system when we took over the business"
Me "Ok then, how can I get the code"
Audi "Bring the car in and we will plug it in and access the code from Germany, we charge £15"
Me "In the Stereo Instruction book it states "If you don't have the code get intouch with your local dealer and they will assist FREE OF CHARGE""
Audi "No problem Mr Bell we will do it free, bring it over now"
Me " Thank you I will be over in 30 mins"

I took it over and in 10mins the stereo had been coded and they gave me the code.

If anyone has this problem DO NOT PAY, it is a free service from Audi

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
It just goes to show that the dealers are so out of touch , the left hand does'nt know what the right hand is doing.

Does Audi uk and the dealers not comunicate :? Or are the dealers trying to make a fast buck ?

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
i tried this and was told that they dont follow that anymore even though it says so in the book, i had to pay in the end :evil:

and it was more than £15. i think iut was about £30

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nice one jbell for questioning there price. Im shore a lot of people out there just take it in and pay and don't every read the books thay are given with the car.

On a simler matter but diffarant, i recently replaced my battary. (went dead without any worning what so ever :x ) I had nothing working, not even the interia light or window drop :( .
Replaced said dead battary with a new one and every thing woked fine. Expected to swich on Radio to put code in BUT NO. Every thing had stayed on there :eek: :D Was very saprised and happy :p

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
same here, audi wanted to charge me at first and a month to book in :? but once i TOLD them i was comeing in the next day,they then backed down.when i got there thinking i had to take my car in,the guy came out with a pice of card with the code on :eek: 2 mins was done.... no charge.. and it does say in the handbook if you loss your code call audi for free assisance :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.