Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys - Getting an issue when letting of the throttle (more so at high rpm) It dosent want to drop RPM as fast as it used too?

Im any idea? Clutch switch maybe ? Its a new TB so pretty sure it can't be that? What could cause this condition ?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jamman said:
When did it start Andy after you changed the TB ?
Seems to be since its had the Rs4 Maf on!! Not sure if its related to the issue...Just seem strange its started happening...

I'm tempted to swop over the clutch switch and see what happens....

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
If the accelerator pedal is returning how it should be then it might not be that although im unsure if theres a a spring on the pedal anywhere meaning the pedal has returned to where it should but the TB is still open.

Does it rev after youve dipped the clutch, if so this might point to the clutch switch also

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,360 Posts
Hi Andy, If its not the clutch switch, it could be DV slow to respond, service & test the DV.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
Andy Conroy said:
I have indeed Sir :)

I have put a Forge 008 DV for a thicker spring on (for the time being) As the 007 wasn't hold boost as it should...Im now thinking if its not liking that ?
Hey andy,
With your set up it could be anything. Don't rule out a knackered tb if you spray meth into the electronics. However I reckon that James is on the right track. Retrace your steps and see what change you could have made to cause this. I definitely had some evidence of this when I changed tb and manifold but only ran it about a few days before the engine got rippe out again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts