Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always thought the comment was one for "TV effect" and dismissed it as being remotely serious, but now I know he was correct.

Why?

Because the mk2 (the allegedly better handling TT) is definitely a clown car as I found out driving a TTRS on a dry slalom course and a damp track where understeer is the order of the day. At least the mk1 has style.

However I want the awesome RS5, a lovely chassis and great engine, which I also drove on my Audi Driving Experience day. :p

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Your not wrong there Richard. Its a shame the TTRS is so prone to under steer out of the box. But i am more than convinced it is curable. My qs was a clown car when i bought it then it was transformed with the magic of defcons and H&R Arb's. I do love the RS5 to, what a beast. Glad to hear its a good chassis. :) One car i would like to drive is the new A1 quattro.....bet that is an awesome little thing. Crazy money but hell i bet its one hell of a hot hatch. :p

Damien.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Not if it drifts across the road while cornering.... :) Your right though Danny, Audi decided to make safe alterations to the TTmk1 because such a wide spectrum of people were buying the car. And they had to concentrate on making it as safe and secure as possible, specially after the early cars were flying off the road.....mainly due to inexperienced idiot drivers taking them over their limits, than bad car design, but either way audi had to do something about it. But hey the magic can be had by executing chassis mods if required. :p

Damien.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts