Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
fed up now with the extreme amount of hand delivered junk mail which is delivered by our post man; addressed as, "to the occupier"
I have long been opted out on sites such as optout and mps.
I have opted out at royalmail.com but the stuff still comes :?
Do I have any rights. I thought I had read somewhere that if I had opted out at Royalmail and they still deliver, then I can report them and they could be fined. Is this true, where do I report this to if so?

Its daft because I have to store it all up ready for the recycling collection every other week. May as well not have it delivered and save a tree or two.

It p"$%ed me off so bad that I collected two bin bags full of the stuff and posted it all back in the nearest post box, all marked,"returned by wn8"$*(enter post code here)" Very childish but it made me feel good for five minutes until I realised that it would be our postman who suffered - sorry mate :oops:

Any ideas folks

SIMON

·
Registered
695 Posts
Have you updated your registration with the Mailing Preference Service

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/

They have a complaints system but they can't stop mail from companies that you have requested information from in the past.

Your preferences are relayed to Direct Marketing companies who remove you from their databases. It will take a while but it does work.

I work in the print industry and I hate junk mail as much as the next person. Due to the cost of mailings most Marketing companies only want to send to people who want the information so they are happy to use updated mailing databases

You can do the same to stop tele-sales by registering with the Telephone Preference Service

http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Mailing preference only deals AFAIK with mail actually addressed to you.

For this anonymous junk mail I think that you can write directly to your local sorting office and request to be excluded from receiving these unwanted mail shots.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
MPS for direct mailing, think you need to update it every 5 years, but you know this :wink: .

The "occupier" stuff is a pain!! Somewhere on the letter there will be a reg office address, remove all tell-tale codes, names etc from the letter pop in an envelope to the reg address, FORGET to put on a stamp and post.

Then the post office contact the company to say they have underpaid mail and cough up the £1 charge to collect the flyer they sent out in the first place.

The company will always collect because they think its a credit card application (or whatever crap they were selling in the first place!!)

I got loads from one particular company, after I did this 3 times they stopped all of a sudden :) (I did ask to be removed from the mailing list prior to this but they said it would take upto 3 months so I thought I would seek revenge)

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
If you have opted out 'correctly' then the postman will have a big "Do not deliver Door 2 Door items to this address" on his frame.

Are you 100% sure you've opted out correctly?

Are you 100% sure the stuff your complaining about isnt out of any free newspapers you may have delivered?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
qooqiiu said:
If you have opted out 'correctly' then the postman will have a big "Do not deliver Door 2 Door items to this address" on his frame.

Are you 100% sure you've opted out correctly?

Are you 100% sure the stuff your complaining about isnt out of any free newspapers you may have delivered?
Yeh think so but I can fill another form in and send it off again. Can the post office be fined for delivering once I have opted out?

As for the free papers, well that is well sorted. I threatened the paper lad... well he is only 14 and 4ft 4 so I felt prety safe doing so, and his dad isnt much bigger!

Its the "to the occupier" post I am having problems with as delivered by the postman.

Thanks guys.

Si
PS I didnt threaten the paper lad, it was an attempt at humour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.