Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys anyone tried to polish the original bar if so how easy is it, I was thinking off removing the paint with nitro-mours then polishing with some autoglm metal polish or will that not work :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,813 Posts
LOW FLYIN TT said:
Hi guys anyone tried to polish the original bar if so how easy is it, I was thinking off removing the paint with nitro-mours then polishing with some autoglm metal polish or will that not work :?
I did exactly as you described above. Comes up really nice. I haven't applied wax to it but just give it a rub with autosol each time i wash the car :p


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,144 Posts
rik-e said:
LOW FLYIN TT said:
Hi guys anyone tried to polish the original bar if so how easy is it, I was thinking off removing the paint with nitro-mours then polishing with some autoglm metal polish or will that not work :?
I did exactly as you described above. Comes up really nice. I haven't applied wax to it but just give it a rub with autosol each time i wash the car :p


That bar looks good, so you didnt have to polish it with a wheel?

Also what strut caps are they, I need shiny ones to match my forge oil and water?

Ta :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,224 Posts
Why not just get it triple chrome plated???
Would save alot of ballache and would be brighter...... 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,144 Posts
Silversea said:
Why not just get it triple chrome plated???
Would save alot of ballache and would be brighter...... 8)
True but hassle off the car and waiting to get it back, if it was chrome do you think it would look to shiny and bright against the aley I have polished?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,813 Posts
Stub said:
rik-e said:
LOW FLYIN TT said:
Hi guys anyone tried to polish the original bar if so how easy is it, I was thinking off removing the paint with nitro-mours then polishing with some autoglm metal polish or will that not work :?
I did exactly as you described above. Comes up really nice. I haven't applied wax to it but just give it a rub with autosol each time i wash the car :p


That bar looks good, so you didnt have to polish it with a wheel?

Also what strut caps are they, I need shiny ones to match my forge oil and water?

Ta :wink:
I didnt use a wheel stub, just good old elbow grease with autosol :p

It took ages to get all of the paint off the bar and polishing it took about 40mins.

The strut caps are Neuspeed ones i got off ebay aggggees ago. I paid about £80 for them as I wanted them badly :roll:




hth
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,444 Posts
ha here you go with the pics,and yes you do have to keep on top of it to stop the rust spots comeing back,i was going to look into a clear seal coat. that way it would stay rust free. i think crome imho would look to bling :? and if i was to get it sprayed i would get it powder coated, a 1 off colour :p










or just get the gtt one :p cant beat it :p





you know me and a pic :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,948 Posts
Got one sitting here to go on to my car when i get it back :p

Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,144 Posts
conlechi said:
Got one sitting here to go on to my car when i get it back :p

Mark
I want one now... :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84,230 Posts
I had mine chromed cost me £50 no problems with rust that way :idea:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
how did you remove the bubbled paint once you applied the stripper and how long did you leave it on for :?
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top