Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so this has been playing on my mind for a while now...

I love the TT, yet I still find myself looking endlessly at classifieds to find my perfect Subaru. Now has anyone had any experience with these machines?

Tuning capabilities with these over the 2.5/STI?

Also running costs, are these pretty similar to the TT? Servicing, parts etc.

Any help would be appreciated!

Loz

·
Registered
645 Posts
I had a 2.0T back as a 'T' reg. It was a very quick car, and very agile too. But the interior was very low-rent. Now that I've moved over to Audi I would find it very difficult to go back.

To put this into context, you look at the out side of your car maybe 5% of the time, and drive it 'spiritedly' maybe 10% of the time if you're lucky. But you sit inside your car and experience that interior all the time you are using it, so it's a significant factor in the overall appreciation of the car, in my opinion.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Had a subaru sti wr1...believe it's still the quickest subaru to date. Only made a few hundred, all in that ice blue colour. Mind blowing performance, it gets you to a 1/4 mile in about 12. 0-60 in 4.2. The performance was already great, so no need to make it any faster really. Unbelievably driving experience, unfortunately, quite abit more satisfying than a tt. But then again, the tt looks so much better :)

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
The 05 uk sti is the best spec has the widetrack, avcs, better hubs, stronger internals amongst the bits and can be had for £8k the wr1 is an 02-04 sti with with a slightly more aggressive ppp map, and a fancy paint job but nicer (for a Subaru ) interior theme, but does lack the newer cars better centre consul

the best interms of overall performance and equipment are the JDM cars, in they have the twin scroll IHI that pulls from no revs to 8k, stronger internals like the '05 uk car, xenons, auto intercooler spray, but you lose the burble sound due to the equal length headers

The uk 2.5 is torquey but is not bombproof like the 2.0 but does have the nicest front end a lot of the ScoobyNet guys run 400-450 on standard internals in 2.0 form

I paid 8k for a standard fsh my05 a year and spent less than 2k taking it to 350ish, my first one was similar and did 20,000 a year and never missed a beat

Coming from a TT you might miss the luxury and quality and regret the Subarus poor image and rawness, every chav will want to race you, if you can look past that they are a great bangs for buck car

·
Registered
153 Posts
I drove one on a driving experience track day, and I agree the car was one of the best driving machines I've ever driven. The handling was ahead of the mk 1 TT, but they are not an Audi on the build quality.
Subaru 4 doors and more practical with rally bred performance.
The TT is always a car you will look back at when you park up, and really appreciate the design considering it is from the 90's, the interior is brilliant and is definately going to be a classic.
Subaru's are very quick probably because you don't want to been seen in one!

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
You know what, I have always had somthing about scoobys, there is a black one around my area..fully sorted and sounds horny a fook :oops: and the ken block livery...love it

Hmmm :?

What is insurance like for them,is there a model that is the one to look for?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I bought a Brand New Impreza WRX-S 2yrs ago.

265bhp standard, Lovely driving car, Very poor brakes, Interior quite cheap looking.

My misses hated the car, everytime she drove it, someone was always on her bumper.
In the end she wouldnt drive it, we only had it 11mths.

Would I have another - No

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.