Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picking the beast up tomorrow.

Service history is good and cambelt/haldex done at 80k (now got 94k), wheels will need a refurb but until I have done a few miles and no doubt kerbed it myself once or twice I will hold out on that for the mean time.

I have been perusing all the threads on here, looking at the TTshop website as its not too far away and undecided what mods to make.

the car at present is completely standard apart from ipod adapter lol. I am heading towards dump valve and new air filter 1st off, maybe after christmas exhaust and then take it from there.

I may then go for a remap but as a single parent of 3 theres only so much overtime I can do in a month for extra sheckles haha.

If those most wise amongst you can point me in the direction of what filters i.e cone or standard with wak box mod etc as I would like a bit extra for minimum cost if thats even possible.

thanks in advance :p

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hello, Christ your doing well looking after 3!

I would start of with:

Wakbox with Pipercross panel filter
Forge 007p (Or wait till your oem one dies as they are surprisingly good)
Remap

Then you should have a safe reliable 260bhp and a much more drivable car.

:)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hi, yes oem diverter valve is rather good so wait on that a bit. First induction then later on the exhaust. They both will make you smile even more when driving!

Cheers
Werner

·
Registered
406 Posts
Welcome, I have two kids and a TTR (plus a wife of course) so know well about money and it's shortcomings.

Back to the car I went wak box (as it easy and free to do) added a cone filter directly to the MAF by way of a short length of pipe and a DV plus a 180 to 220 remap.

To be honest the remap was of course the most noticeable (of course) the filter and DV just make a lot of noise (good noise though !)

Best of luck.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Depends what you want :)

Wak box is free and a stage 1 map (£250 ish) will release a few more horses and improve the driveability when it's done they should also check for problems, boost leaks, misfires, EM fault codes etc.

Looks wise its post face lift anyway so the ride height is not too high and spacers and an LRC front splitter will bring the looks up todate. Ignor the Euro stance mob

If you want to keep to the inexpensive I'd stop there, the chances are you won't so I hope your wife/ bank manager understand. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts