Audi TT Forum banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Donnington last Saturday.

Newly fitted Ad08s seemed to work well although there is I still think I need to learn to set the suspension up better.

Not the best day I've had there. Lots of cars and lots of red flags due to feel putting it in to the gravel (including one on the sighting laps). I was also plagued with minor issues; exhaust came apart so had to fix that, and then kept going in to limp mode. Think this was either fuel starvation on the long sweeping right hander, or me over revving as I came out of the corner. To be confirmed. :roll:

Couple of pics one of the others took.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Lots of carbon goodies ready to fit, but time has been spent elsewhere at the moment tbh.

However these photos are from a while back at Donington. My brother bought the CD for me as part of a Christmas gift and got one of the Craner Curve pictures framed. I thought they were some really good shots.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
A productive day for me as not managed to get much done lately.

All interior cleaned out and everything stripped.

Harness bar fitted.

New heat wrap around the exhaust U Bend.

Repaired puncture refitted.

Finally managed to remove the stereo and get the last bolt out of the dash. (That's a lie, my brother managed it in 5 minutes after I'd spent a good few hours on it! )

Carpet set 90%+ fitted, just a few last finishing bits. Then hopefully the seats can go in.

I've also bought a Fezzus uprated heater which I need to get fitted soon and then in a week and half off to the bodyshop for a partial respray.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Cheers Matt

Only booked one so far which is Pembrey in July, VX220 National.

Hopefully will book to more late Spring, early Summer.

Respray will be this month and I guess next as well. Interior retrim after that. Then will look at driving it in anger.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Was good to catch up Matt, good location choice for the pic too, we managed one there as well on the way out

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
A few up to date pictures. Carbon exterior and interior parts from the groups buys fitted, the large majority of the car resprayed and inteior finished. Seats are Lotus Probax Sports from Chris Neil's Lotus, and then everything trimmed to match by Dave the Trimmer. Speakers in the dash are 3.5", following advice and the guide by Fezzasus.

Link to facebook pics:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Supercharge ... Vx220Build

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
Really liking your car Matt , looks mean , that interior looks superb 8) 8)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Looks to be a nice little weapon you've got there, my mates have two of these and there properly cool cars. My mates just purchased a coupe kit for his Daytona orange one I think. How's the carbon going? Still waiting?

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
CR51GYR-TT240 said:
How's the carbon going? Still waiting?
Most of the carbon I wanted is now on, pictures on that facebook link.

Spitters, Front V, Side intakes, spoiler, dashplates, steering surround.

On the want list
Steering wheel cover
sills
arch spats
centre console (like the TT transmission tunnel)

Took it on a run around Wales last week and had a good crack. Having come back saw some stuff on other cars I liked. Am looking to swap the rear diffuser to one that is less subtle and more noticeable. Also want to change the TD wheels 16/17 set up to ATS DTC 17" all round.

Liking the Elise, especially the whiteblack contrast, like the Super Ts as well.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.