Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to get to the bottom of this stupid rattle coming, pretty certainly, from my suspension.. either, coils, arms, joints, dont know how you call all this stuff really..
I recently changed all my ARB bushes to new oem ones to see if it made any difference and i still get the rattle..
Its mainly produced when going over road bumps or imperfections of tarmac.. And i cant always reproduce it. Its a clonking noise like something metallic is loose and shakes about something else metallic, and comes from both front and rear now..
I even get a creak when i step out of the car, the moment my weight leaves the car.. Or sometimes if i press on the boot hard downwards it does it once and then i cant repeat it..
Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
check wishbone bushes and coils and drop links

·
Registered
238 Posts
chq the springs sounds like a snapped one (look right at the bottom where it sits on the arm)

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks i'll have a look tomorrow myself and maybe visit the local dealer for a more informed opinion (or not...)

:D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hi Ross

I am having a very similar problem... did you end up diagnosing the fault? Mine creaks a little when i get in/out of car, and also when going over uneven surfaces, it can be heard from the inside.. more of a quiet popping noise occasionally. When i push down over the rear wheel arches, the noise is reproduced...

help :)

cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.