Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't like my TT suspension. It's probably worn anyway. I would like to upgrade it and I've read much about bilstein and eibach, but are there any upgrade kits that will allow me to keep the stock height? I live in an area with much snow so the clearance is very valuable. Thanks

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
What year is your car?is it a pre-face or post-lift suspension?if it is the latter,think a good second-hand QS suspension would be a good choice also.Had this fitted to my car(although it dropped ride height about 20mm as mine's is pre-face lift) recently and i like the ride quality. :D if iam wrong iam sure some one will be along to correct me :?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
LordG71 said:
as TTQ2K2 says, why not just replace with OEM parts?

Are you wanting to change anything (looks, handling etc?) - if not, then OEM parts all the way :)

Neil
One of my rear springs snapped and a rear shock was leaking so I just used oem parts to keep it all stock
Don't forget If you lower your car it can make a difference to you insurance also .
If you have an accident and the car has been modified away
from stock some insurance companies will not pay out :(

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TTQ2K2 said:
if you want to stay at OEM height, keep your current springs and just get new OEM struts/shocks.

cheers
As I replace anything on my car, I'm trying to upgrade it. Can't I get better handling and ride quality with some quality aftermarket suspension manufacturers, even if I keep the ride height?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts