1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
418 Posts
... out of interest ... Why not Forge ??

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
Adam TTR said:
i just bought mine from quattronics! £479 delivered to my door... thats why not forge!!
That's more than i paid for my Forge... :wink:

·
Registered
623 Posts
NOT FORGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweet Jesus, I hope YELLOW TT doesnt read that.

all of Andys posts are forge, forge, and fookin forge :roll:

Si

·
Registered
84,236 Posts
redsi72 said:

Si
and the odd one for the TTOC :p

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
YELLOW_TT said:
redsi72 said:

Si
and the odd one for the TTOC :p
What's the TTOC? :roll:

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
I am gonna buy one in the next two weeks direct from t-carbon.
I have no aliens so there will be deffo no fitment issues.
Current exchange rates puts this about £280 plus shipping plus tax (unless they stick it down as a gift)
And there is no way I am gonna pay £700 plus for a forge one

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Does anyone know what the pressure limit is for the Forge FMIC? I have heard of them rupturing if your boost is much over 30psi. :eek:

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
acmurray said:
Does anyone know what the pressure limit is for the Forge FMIC? I have heard of them rupturing if your boost is much over 30psi. :eek:
Well they're so well made I find that hard to believe. I had a Pace one before this and this is what happened...

I guess you pays your money and takes your choice... :roll:

Cheers

Rich :p

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Adam TTR said:
i just bought mine from quattronics! £479 delivered to my door... thats why not forge!!
AT THAT PRICE YOU CAN'T ARGUE £479 DELIVERED :) :)

i just need to get one now...

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Interesting read, but does this copy and paste apply to the TT? replies please...

Side Mount Intercoolers (vs Front Mount Intercoolers)
Efficiency. Capacity. Air Flow

As the act of compressing the intake charge creates heat, and the key to engine performance is a cool intake air temperature, the importance of effective intercooling is paramount. Also, because the close proximity of the neighboring cylinders makes even a stock VW VR6 a rather hot running engine, the importance of maximizing cooling efficiency is even more important.

It is often assumed that a Front Mount Intercooler (FMIC) is superior to a Side Mount Intercooler (SMIC) but this is not necessarily the case.

First and foremost, using SMICs will not obstruct the flow of air through the radiator. While a FMIC may do a good job of properly cooling the boost intake charge, however this occurs at the expense of restricting cool air flow through the radiator, and is therefore counter productive.
Secondly, while it is true that OEM SMIC have a smaller core volumetric capacity when compared to a typical FMIC, when used in a dual mount configuration (as on HPA’s higher output turbo systems), the total capacity is increased twofold.

Example:
Stock GTi 1.8T intercooler: 3.57L / 218 in3
Competitor’s FMIC 5.07L or 309.4 in3
Dual Stock GTi 1.8T intercooler: 7.14L / 436 in3
Thirdly, the large amount of piping required for a FMIC (particularly when paired with a factory intake manifold) causes a slowing in spool up time, equivalent to 300 to 500 rpm lag behind a single SMIC.

Joe

·
Registered
418 Posts
... OK then, since Quattronics introduced in late 2006, just how many guys have purchased or seen the TCarbon FMIC fitted ?? (225 or 180 ?)

Know Adam has got one ready to go .. and others (incl me) may be on the verge ......

Seems too good not to succeed (Tej ... ?) .... I note its without an intake manifold .. is that a problem . or a plus ?? :roll: :?

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Tej has the forge one....

Once mines fitted on the 5th of April Wak will have a tinker with the car and no doubt be reporting his findings...

I've got the TT Shops 3" Downpipe and sports cats being fitted too. Hoping to achieve 280bhp+ and a sh*t load of torque?!

Only the Rolling Road day will tell....

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
Adam TTR said:
Tej has the forge one....

Once mines fitted on the 5th of April Wak will have a tinker with the car and no doubt be reporting his findings...

I've got the TT Shops 3" Downpipe and sports cats being fitted too. Hoping to achieve 300bhp and a sh*t load of torque!

Only the Rolling Road day will tell....
Have you uprated your turbo then?

·
Registered
342 Posts
chipps007 said:
... OK then, since Quattronics introduced in late 2006, just how many guys have purchased or seen the TCarbon FMIC fitted ?? (225 or 180 ?)

Know Adam has got one ready to go .. and others (incl me) may be on the verge ......

Seems too good not to succeed (Tej ... ?) .... I note its without an intake manifold .. is that a problem . or a plus ?? :roll: :?
Only fitted them to S3's which we re-engineered the boost hoses to suit (which put the price up too much IMO), TT owners have had an issue with the aliens delete in the basic kit.
We were in talks very recently with TCarbon about sorting the kit to fit with the aliens but our prototype car couldn't stay with us long enough, plus we had to concentrate on other projects, so it came to nothing at that stage.
It's a nice kit which is considerably larger than some other kits out there but does require a bit of refinishing before we ship out to customers and the aliens have to be deleted for it to fit.

·
Registered
716 Posts
There have been 20+ reports on the tCarbon on the audiworld website. The only "issue" is that you can NOT keep the aliens. You can with the O.CT and Forge (some say), but there is NO WAY with the tCarbon. As far as cooling functionality, it works just as well as the others, and cost much less.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.