Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the dashpot replaced under warranty six months ago on my 2002 TT and no probs until last two weeks. The temp gauge started reading 20-15 degree lower than its normal 90 position i.e. the gauge now reads just above the "|" on the temp gauge and never gets near the 90 mid point. Any suggestions anyone?
Thanx

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Check the 49C value on the aircon (for instructions see http://www.wak-tt.com/climate/climatecodes.htm ). If the reading is the same then the temp sensor or thermostat needs replacing (if the coolant temp reading on VAGCOM is low as well then its thermostat, else its temp sensor). If they are different but 49C reading agrees with VAGCOM then its likely dashpod has failed again...

·
Registered
319 Posts
had the same fault on mine, audi wanted it in for diagnostics, yeah my arse, audi wanted to charge 130 quid to change the temp sender ! i bought it myself,followed someones guide from here, bingo, job done, at a cost of 24 plus vat i think it was..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.