Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its MOT time and the service is coming up, so I have been hunting around.

Was looking at the TT shop at £149.99 for the service (I'm doing cabin filter, sparks & air filter myself) + £90 Haldex making it a total of £239.99 for the service & another £50 or so for the MOT.

Then yesterday I was in the Cambridge Audi dealers getting a new spare remote key cut and I thought I would ask them. Turns out they do FREE MOT if your last service was with any Audi garage. Service was only £99 after I told them which bits I was doing myself, Haldex is £61.98.
So total at TT Shop + MOT is £289.99
Total at Steelership is £160.98 (and I get next years MOT free and MOT protection upto £750)

So now booked in at the dealers and will continue with the cars full Audi service history...

·
Registered
780 Posts
Some cynical people think the dealership is only doing the free MOT so that they can inspect, find and quote you audi service prices for work which may/may not need doing.

Would a dealership in the UK really be that sneaky and unscrupulous? :wink:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bit like most garages then... Good job I'm capable of looking at most issues myself esp after reading up about them on here :) Also next-door works in the parts department and she is looking after the car for me whilst its there.

Still Oil is what £45, filter is £10, MOT is £45 at best... so works out cheaper for them to service then for me to do it!

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
97,194 Posts
Hi Goldenbunip, I had free MOT & no problems. To qualify for MOT protectection you pay for MOT & then have to have servicing done by Audi up until next MOT.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers didn't know that, well free MOT will be enough for me, as when bits fail, ware out, or just when I can convince the other half they are about to - I just change them for uprated parts :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.