Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....this year has the biggest bunch of no-hoper egomaniacs yet. They all think they are swish business savy go getters when most seem to be incompetent and lacking basic common sense.

Was very funny to watch though. I'm sure some of their future careers will suffer as their reputation is destroyed by this show. That will teach them!!!!

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
That Nick De-Lacey was a right tosser IMO, pricing Lobster at £5 each, muppet. He deserved to get the boot after the comments he made in the board room trying to make out he was better than everyone.

·
Registered
402 Posts
i actually thought Di Lasey had a fair point, he just seemed to struggle to make it and really shouldn't have mentioned different levels of education, i think the leader guy really made him a scapegoat - it was just as stupid for everyone to be selling the lobster for that price. Tell you what that fat cow who was leading the women was well annoying, she said something like 'i'm not used to dealing with fish, i'm normally negotiating in multi million pound negotiations...', well if you're so amazing, why would you want a 100k job, surely you could make far more than that elsewhere!
why is it always full of salespeople? I hate that 'sell sell sell' attitude, some of them remind me of used car salesmen...
i love the apprentice though
AZ

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I'm surprised that one of the commercial channels haven't yet come up with a rip off.

There's no new ideas in programme making these days, one successful programme is then done to death, over and over again.

Lazy cheap TV.

No wonder TV is dying on its arse :?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know mate, beggars belief. It would have taken 10 minutes to look through the yellow pages, pose as a customer and find out what fish was selling for retail. TBH, they didn't even need to go to that trouble as they had the sodding wholesale prices. I think they must be a bunch or retards.

The trouble is, average IQ is about 100. Average IQ for a grad is about 110. It's not a big difference. I'm a pretty smart guy and working in a big blue chip most people I meet in middle upper management are less intelligent than me. I'm not being big headed, I'm making the point that being succesful in business is not about intelligence alone. It is just as important to be hard working and savvy. Most grads (like the guys on this show) are average and would never get a Director or VP role in the City because the competition is too steep. Anyone who could make it wouldn't demeen themselves by going on the show.

These people appear to be a combination of idiots with 0 intelligence, educated with no common sense or just straight blaggers. None (based on what was shown) demonstrated any business nouse. One person in either team with good management skills and a cursory understanding of business 101 could have nailed that task, even if the rest of the team were idiots. They are all useless and don't appear to want to do 'real' work. Sliver spoon anyone??

·
Registered
956 Posts
Lock_Stock said:
Most grads (like the guys on this show) are average and would never get a Director or VP role in the City because the competition is too steep. Anyone who could make it wouldn't demeen themselves by going on the show.
I'd have to agree wholeheartedly with this comment :wink: But then reality TV shows generally attract idiots and isn't that what makes them entertaining for everyone else -

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
God bet some of those poor fish had bad headaches they were slamming the knife into the heads of those fish :lol: :eek: .

p.s. did anybody see the new TTR in the showroom in the background as they were in the cars going back to the boardroom? :p Just thought I would mention that :wink:

·
Registered
12,753 Posts
We had one of the last batch of hopefulls on our team until very recently. Nice girl, but not sharpest tool in box, but full of confidence and good company. She left for a life in media..I think.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
garyc said:
We had one of the last batch of hopefulls on our team until very recently. Nice girl, but not sharpest tool in box, but full of confidence and good company. She left for a life in media..I think.
At the end of the day it's a TV show, the people that apply have to be some kind of exhibitionists I suppose, and that's what makesit even more watchable.

The continuity shows that it's all a bit of a set up, if you know London you will see them going to say Isington but travelling in the opposite direction, and sometimes crossing the river twice as well!
The boardroom is I am told a set in a studio, and all the getting into the taxi scenes are shot on the same day at the beginning of the series.

I love the programme though, and the background music just adds to the atmosphere brilliantly

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
fishface said:
The continuity shows that it's all a bit of a set up
Quite, continuity issues really p1ss me off in programmes like this, why can't they get it right? Especially obvious is...
fishface said:
all the getting into the taxi scenes are shot on the same day at the beginning of the series.
...when they are wearing different clothes when being interviewed in the taxi afterwards to when they got in it, the number plate on the taxi is different etc (yes, I am sad :roll: ).

Still enjoy the show, and has been said, take it as light entertainment (in the same way you do for Top Gear).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.