Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an immaculate TT Mk1 Coupe 3.2 in Moro Blue with red leather interior. I’m thinking about trading in/selling and getting a MK2 Coupe 3.2 TSFI S-Line with S Tronic. First I have a few questions for the experts! 1/ does the S Line have the fixed rear spoiler?(I don’t fancy the automatic one) 2/ what are the dark grey paint options? 3/ I really like my red leather interior, what are the MK2 red interior options? 4/how common/rare are dark grey with red interior MK2s (ie, how easy/hard would it be to find one)? And finally, what would I be looking at, price wise, for an excellent quality 2008-2010 model? Thanks in advance chaps!

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Roadster
11,517 Posts
This may help -

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,091 Posts
Hi, An immaculate 3.2 Mk1 & you are thinking of changing to a MK 2, :(, just keep thinking, but don't do it.
Hoggy.:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have an immaculate TT Mk1 Coupe 3.2 in Moro Blue with red leather interior. I’m thinking about trading in/selling and getting a MK2 Coupe 3.2 TSFI S-Line with S Tronic. First I have a few questions for the experts! 1/ does the S Line have the fixed rear spoiler?(I don’t fancy the automatic one) 2/ what are the dark grey paint options? 3/ I really like my red leather interior, what are the MK2 red interior options? 4/how common/rare are dark grey with red interior MK2s (ie, how easy/hard would it be to find one)? And finally, what would I be looking at, price wise, for an excellent quality 2008-2010 model? Thanks in advance chaps!
1/ does the S Line have the fixed rear spoiler?(I don’t fancy the automatic one)

Not as standard.

2/ what are the dark grey paint options?

Mine is called Meteor Grey and it's one of the best looking shades of grey IMO.

3/ I really like my red leather interior, what are the MK2 red interior options?

Loads of Mk2 models came fitted with red interior which I find it absolutely hideous

4/how common/rare are dark grey with red interior MK2s (ie, how easy/hard would it be to find one)?

As above.

And finally, what would I be looking at, price wise, for an excellent quality 2008-2010 model? Thanks in advance chaps!

Depending on trim, prices will vary from low 6K to 9K pounds. Try to look for an S Line Black Edition with up to 50K miles then change trims to see what comes up. I paid just under 7K for mine in Harrogate. It was basic yet in excellent condition. Spent a couple of grand on some customisations (details in bio).

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
"3/ I really like my red leather interior, what are the MK2 red interior options? "

There were two standard red leather colours, Magma red and (the darker) Garnet Red. There was also an Audi Exclusive red leather called Crimson Red.

The standard full leather option only gave you the leather seats. The Extended Leather option also gave you the leather door arm rests, leather sides to the centre consul and leather on the instrument cluster hood. The instrument cluster hood leather was always in black even with the red leather option.

The Audi Exclusive option gave all sorts of leather colour combinations. For example red and black seats, coloured door card inserts and coloured leather trim to the top edges of the centre consul.

Have a look at any online brochures that you can find for what was available for particular years.

Red leather is a Marmite thing and if you buy a car with black leather you may find someone who is willing to swap with their red one.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Well I think you're making the right decision but I might be saying that because I can't stand the Mk1 TT, lol. (I really don't much like the Mk3 much either given it's basically a sharp-edged "evolution" of the Mk1 design.) OTOH I can imagine the Mk1 will fetch more $$$ later on as a "classic", whereas the Mk2 is probably doomed for low resale for life lol. Maybe keep the Mk1 and add the Mk2? :D

Most of the questions have been answered but I'll mention some things about the spoiler... The fixed spoiler, there are actually two for the Mk2 cars. The more common one is standard on the RS but not the base or S models. The same spoiler was also included with the "Competition" package on base or S models (though a TTS Competition is extremely rare over here). In UK/Europe the spoiler may have been an a la carte option as well, I'm not sure.

There's also the "accessory" Audi Sport fixed spoiler, which is a dealer-sold OEM accessory. It's a different design that has three single spars (one in the centre) as opposed to the RS/Comptition spoiler which has two split/triangular spars on each side of the trunk/hatch lid.

Lots of people have added the spoiler after purchase, of either variety. There's also lots of aftermarket/knock off versions of the RS spoiler but I recommend against buying one of these or a car that has one installed as the "fitment" tends to be poor--definitely go with a car that had it from the factory or had the OE parts (and if you buy one, buy one of the OE ones).

My personal opinion about the fixed spoiler is it only belongs on an RS. I think it's just too boy-racer otherwise, but that's my $0.02. I prefer my more subtle motorised one that looks clean retracted/at low speeds.

Reactions: wsantos
1 - 6 of 6 Posts