Audi TT Forum banner

This Mk2 TT is not a good idea !!!

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Wallsendmag 
#1 ·
I'm beginning to think that getting the Mk2 TT was not such a good idea!! It is just so much more capable than the Mk1 and has quite surprised me - the Mk1 required a lot of 'handling' and skill to get the best from it but this Mk2 with MR is just so much more composed and so easy to drive it will flatter any driver. Perhaps when it's fully run in and I can open it up completely I might find it requires some skill to be brought to the party but at the moment anybody could drive this thing at colossal speeds with ease!

#3 ·
I know where your coming from, my wife hit the nail on the head when she came back in after the first time she drove it and said bloody hell thats really easy to drive and it make my mk4 golf feel like shit :E

#4 ·
Metaka said:
I know where your coming from, my wife hit the nail on the head when she came back in after the first time she drove it and said bloody hell thats really easy to drive and it make my mk4 golf feel like shit :E
Did you ask how many speed cameras she got flashed by whilst she had the keys :lol:

#13 ·
treblesykes TT said:
Why would you want a car that's hard to drive?
Because 'mastering' the car is half the fun and improves skill levels. Cars that are easy to drive are, unfortunately, boring until you get to speeds that are just too fast for everyday roads - very fast A to B but not as much fun as, say, a 350Z which you need to really 'hustle' to get the best from. Drive a Porsche 911 from a few years ago and you will find that to drive it fast requires a considerable amount of skill and concentration.

#14 ·
Just turn off the traction control malarky.

#15 ·
garvin said:
treblesykes TT said:
Why would you want a car that's hard to drive?
Because 'mastering' the car is half the fun and improves skill levels. Cars that are easy to drive are, unfortunately, boring until you get to speeds that are just too fast for everyday roads - very fast A to B but not as much fun as, say, a 350Z which you need to really 'hustle' to get the best from. Drive a Porsche 911 from a few years ago and you will find that to drive it fast requires a considerable amount of skill and concentration.
hmmm not convinced. hard to drive or hard to master two seperate things.

Some of my most fun driving ever was racing an old bedford ha van around a field, it did well against old rovers, saabs, peugots etc until the sand blocked everyones radiators and the race boiled to an end

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.