Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had the timing belt / water pump done today :) after a chance discovery thinking it had been done.

Thank god... 112k miles. And if you bent the belt back on itself, it was starting to have loads of little cracks in it.

ALSO.... The water pump - FFS.

I wish I had taken a pic but had another garage appointment right after the late running belt/pump one. Anyhow, OEM was in the car probably from day one. The plastic end had broken off (about one third of it) and I would love to know if anyone here knows what happens to it. Must have been about 3cm+ or thereabouts. Does it just get grinded up in the rest of the pump or what?????

I'm thinking it hopefully got taken out when the thermostat got changed in Russia.

FYI replaced with a contitech belt kit and circoli metal impeller pump which was 20 quid or so. Carparts4less :)

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,560 Posts
Hi dbbloke, Part of the impellor had broken off, if its still in coolant system, it doesn't appear to be causing a prob, if concerned, removed rad hoses & back flush rad & system & if still there may flush out.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, it's on the not so urgent but remember to ask thermostat replacement guys / probably to do list.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shit, makes me feel better because my garage are at least 100 % sure they didn't flush it out and have no idea where it is. They billed me for 2 bottles of coolant.
So its either:
Stuck in pipe as post 2.
Ground to bits (perhaps this is the garage flushed it out they think option).
Taken out with thermostat fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.