Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone running the H&R springs with spacers?

Thinking about lowering the car a bit with H&R and wondering if adding spacers to front and rear (or just the rears) is good to do. Maybe 5mm or 10mm?

I have OEM 18" Turbines ET52 (i think). This is on a TT 2.0T FWD.

What do you guys think? or just should I just do springs without spacers?

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have H&R's -30mm with 18" alloys and didn't go ahead with the spacers I bought as I thought the car looked fine without them.

If you're interested in 15mm spacers (each side) I am selling my FK ones: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=291929

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
avyi said:
I have H&R's -30mm with 18" alloys and didn't go ahead with the spacers I bought as I thought the car looked fine without them.

If you're interested in 15mm spacers (each side) I am selling my FK ones: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=291929
15mm Spacers won't work with a 30mm drop.
The max I would suggest is 5mm.

·
Registered
673 Posts
hugy said:
avyi said:

15mm Spacers won't work with a 30mm drop.
The max I would suggest is 5mm.
I think it has been done before? If there is any rubbing at all it might be due to the little nub thing in the arch that can be filed. It might be a problem for 19" or 255 tyres.. but 245/18" should be ok. unless u go past speed bumps too quickly.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bringing this back up since I just got it lowered yesterday with H&R Springs ... love it!

looking at the rears, it could definitely use some spacers to push it out a tad so it flushes better. i did a quick measurement and looks like it could fit 10mm spacers in the rear. From searching various forums, seems like those with 10mm spacers in the rears rubs a bit but majority of them are runnning 19s. I'm still on stock 18x9 (245/40/18) wheels ET52. Id prefer hubcentric spacers and H&R only offers 10mm minimum with that.

There's also this other company that has 5,8,10,etc... with the hubcentric that was posted on another forum:
http://store.42draftdesigns.com/VWAudi- ... p_477.html

Thoughts? anyone running 18x9 wheels, lowered and runnning spacers?

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
tt-ho said:
bringing this back up since I just got it lowered yesterday with H&R Springs ... love it!

looking at the rears, it could definitely use some spacers to push it out a tad so it flushes better. i did a quick measurement and looks like it could fit 10mm spacers in the rear. From searching various forums, seems like those with 10mm spacers in the rears rubs a bit but majority of them are runnning 19s. I'm still on stock 18x9 (245/40/18) wheels ET52. Id prefer hubcentric spacers and H&R only offers 10mm minimum with that.

There's also this other company that has 5,8,10,etc... with the hubcentric that was posted on another forum:
http://store.42draftdesigns.com/VWAudi- ... p_477.html

Thoughts? anyone running 18x9 wheels, lowered and runnning spacers?
I had 10mm H&R's onmine for a few weeks but got rubbing so I now have 5mm with no rubbing on19x9 :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts