Audi TT Forum banner
23621 - 23640 of 23683 Posts

·
Registered
2004 3.2 DSG Coupe, Dolomite Grey, Silk Nappa
94 Posts
Today I...met one of the previous owners of KKU! Took the old girl to a body shop to get an estimate and while talking to the owner, guy walks across from the other side of the industrial estate and asks "who owns this then??" and "Is it for sale???". Could be....

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
FInally got around to swapping the stripped belt on my rear wind deflector. I followed a guide that's either on here, or referred to on here, and it went very easily. Need to get some silicon grease for the screw threads as it's a little reluctant to drop down fully. It hasn't been used for almost two years since the belt stripped.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
I finally got VPower after 3 days of trying, I was getting worried for a moment that I’d have to fill up with normal unleaded 😥
People like you should be banned from this site.....how dare you have a fully pixelated screen 🤬😡

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
I filled up easily yesterday, lots of numpties queuing to fill up, but insisting to line up the pump on the same side as their filler. Not me 😁. Drove straight to an empty pump ⛽

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
That never fails to amaze me !
Recently three cars were queuing as their filler caps were on the offside, so is ours but I just drove straight into the other side, removed the gun and filled up. The look on their faces was priceless but they DON'T seem to get it.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
That never fails to amaze me !
Recently three cars were queuing as their filler caps were on the offside, so is ours but I just drove straight into the other side, removed the gun and filled up. The look on their faces was priceless but they DON'T seem to get it.
There are big signs at most of the petrol stations I use saying that the pipes are long enough to reach either side, but it still doesn't seem to help. I guess there are a few vehicles where it won't help - isn't there a van with the filler mid-way along the wheelbase line? But the majority of cars would be fine.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Sure my Ivecos filler was by the passenger door so obviously wouldn't reach to the other side but can't think of any car that would be effected.
Maybe a throwback to the old day's when you got attended service ?

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Greased the screws on my rear wind deflector today now my silicone grease has arrived, and it moves up and down better than it did before. No idea whether that's just through moving it a few times, because it's almost a couple of years since it was last used, or whether the grease helped. Anyway, it works now, ready for spring.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,107 Posts
Hi, I wouldn't drag a dirty hose across my paintwork however long I had to wait.:eek:
Hoggy. :)

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Hi, I wouldn't drag a dirty hose across my paintwork however long I had to wait.:eek:
I cringe when I see people doing that, either with the fuel hose or the air line, back in the days before they started charging for the compressor use. The fuel hose doesn't come anywhere near the top of the bootlid on a roadster, though.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Noticed the rubber rings on the fuel hose ? In any case most modern hoses are long enough to not go anywhere near your paintwork.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,107 Posts
Noticed the rubber rings on the fuel hose ? In any case most modern hoses are long enough to not go anywhere near your paintwork.
Hi, There not at my Shell station.

23621 - 23640 of 23683 Posts