Audi TT Forum banner
23781 - 23800 of 23830 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
That trim will look great once it's refitted. Out of interest, what's the stereo you have fitted? I have an aftermarket one but I'd like one similar to that. Is there anything to look out for in the fitting, any additional parts/connectors needed etc? Also, I noticed that you've gone black on roll bars / hoops, how have you found that? I generally prefer stock but was thinking of going gun metal grey (or similar - dulling down the silver) on the wheels and roll bars.
The headunit is a sony xav-ax8050d (The screen doesn't retract or anything, it's fixed) - no special fitting required, just the normal third party harness etc to fit any third party head unit. I really hate the OEM colour roll bars, so I got these ones powder coated. I spray painted my old silver 225's ones but that was a fragile finish that was prone to chipping).

·
Registered
421 Posts
So the screen is blocking the row of switches behind it..?
Yep - You can still get to them, but it's not as easy of course. You can press them as quickly - the only ones that take a little more concentration at the heated seat ones really.

·
Registered
APX 2000
961 Posts
Just rang AUDI service center for booking air bag recall and they offer Uber to drop off, not bad service.

·
Registered
2006 TTR Special Edition 3.2 (Quartz Grey / Baseball)
43 Posts
Removed my carpet to dry it out properly - so much water, it really is surprising how much that carpet can hold. Have put the seats back in for now so for a little white I have a light weight roadster 😁

Also took the opportunity to deep clean all the trim I had to remove - my word that was gross.

View attachment 483697

View attachment 483696

View attachment 483695
How is the carpet held down once the trim is all removed? I need to pull mine and clean/recondition or potentially replace it - not sure which yet.

·
Registered
421 Posts
How is the carpet held down once the trim is all removed? I need to pull mine and clean/recondition or potentially replace it - not sure which yet.
There are two clips that hold it in at the rear, and then for the most part it just lifts out - mine was slightly stuck/glued against the left hand side of the gear selector area, but not sure if that's from factory or not.

I filmed what I did as I went, you can see it here:

·
Registered
43 Posts
There are two clips that hold it in at the rear, and then for the most part it just lifts out - mine was slightly stuck/glued against the left hand side of the gear selector area, but not sure if that's from factory or not.

I filmed what I did as I went, you can see it here:
That's perfect, thanks for the video.

·
Registered
21 Posts
over the last week, I replaced the battery, oil level sender and finally received my adapter hardware and flat caps for my BBS splits

I also had to figure out a second car so I can get the TT up on jack stands for a few weeks to reinstall the air suspension/down pipe and wrap the TT. Frankly I needed a more practical daily anyways, so here's the new "grocery getter" which got quite a few hand me downs from the TT including front coilovers, diverter valve, K&N replacement air filter intake and wheels 😁
before

after

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Swapped my grey leather / alcantara seats for a pair of blue leather ones. I did it because the heater hasn't worked in the drivers seat for years. I bought a used pair of grey ones last summer but they had the same problem, these popped up on FB recently and they do at least seem to heat up (well, the drivers seat does, I don't sit in the other one so I don't care about that). They're a bit rougher than I thought, but they're in now.

·
Registered
2005 Mk1 3.2 V6 Roadster
258 Posts
Reactions: BenOfTheNorth

·
Registered
43 Posts
Pulled the carpet out and gave it a good wash. Apparently it didn't bother the previous owners. Before:
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Vehicle Automotive design

After:
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive exterior Steering wheel

While I had the carpets out, I installed an aftermarket heated seat wiring harness (see thread here), rerouted my dash cam and phone mount wires, replaced the plastic cover thingy on the passenger side seat belt retainer by the roll hoops, plastic-welded the locking cubby door to fix the broken hinge, and gave the interior a full detail (at least the parts I took out). Will finish up the dash and give the exterior a wash. Interior feels like a new car :)

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
plastic-welded the locking cubby door to fix the broken hinge
If you get a minute, could you possibly post a photo of the inside of the cubby door showing the bit that latches into the rear please? Mine has broken off, and the velcro I've used to keep it closed doesn't last long, so I'd like to try to repair the latch. I haven't been able to find the piece that must have broken off it.

23781 - 23800 of 23830 Posts