Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just helped out a friend setting one up & got stuck on the speed cameras. Got the subscription set-up ok (although the confirmation email says thanks for your speed camera NL subscription :? )

Problem is i can't find any way to get the device to notify of speed cameras. The database has defo downloaded & installed as when approaching one i can see it flashing etc. but how can i set it to beep or shout or some kind of notification??

I've checked under POI's & nothing listed for speed cameras so i can't set alerts etc. through that.

Anyone help??

·
Super Moderator
8,678 Posts
now that the price has come right down i was thinking of ditching my snooper sapphire and using the 720 just as a speed camera detector, I have the Pioneer X3 for sat nav etc.

the main reasons are no monthly sub for the updates, backup for the current sat-nav, and cos it has a nice colour screen and i love new gadgets :D

but will it be as effective and the updates as current as the snooper?

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scotty225 said:
I have the Go 300 and will update next week to the 720. Have you tried looking under the settings?

Mine is under TomTom Plus services, safety camera warnings, enable warnings.

Scotty.
Cheers Scotty, found some Speed Camera Settings under Plus Services so i'll play with those.

Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
8,678 Posts
genie_v1 said:
Sorry to hijack (a bit) but has anyone used Vent Mounts rather than the window fix for a 720 (or any other SatNav)

I saw this http://www.buybits.com/product/sku_bb-arkon-go-720-vent.aspx and was tempted, but it looks a bit flimsy, and I am worried about breaking the vents.

Any other options to fit without drilling or using the window?

Cheers all
Martin
have a search for davidg vent mount

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
genie_v1 said:
Sorry to hijack (a bit) but has anyone used Vent Mounts rather than the window fix for a 720 (or any other SatNav)
I saw this http://www.buybits.com/product/sku_bb-arkon-go-720-vent.aspx and was tempted, but it looks a bit flimsy, and I am worried about breaking the vents.
Any other options to fit without drilling or using the window?
Cheers all
Martin
Martin, had mine made by forum member davidg.
Posted him the unit with all the fixings and he returned me this vent mounted bracket with new fixings.
Needed to make sure the wide SatNav didn't hit the door.
Takes barely 20 seconds to mount and hook up. I leave the vent mount in place all the time.
Unit is hard wired with mini USB coming out from bottom of the pillar. Can come through the vent if you prefer.
John.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
In answer to your questions....

Speed camera alerts are in Main menu> Tomtom services (on page 3) for the 'tomtom' version or if you use POI's (eg pocketgpsworld.com) then you need to use 'warn when near POI' and can use custom alerts from their site too ('warning speed camera 30' instead of 'beep, beep').

Handsfree phone - pretty good.

Music/Ipod through car radio, superb. My only criticism is that the sound from your phone call doesn't go therough the car speakers.

http://www.satnav-discounts.co.uk/tomto ... series.htm

Lists the good deals on offer if you're buying one.

Email me if you have any other questions as I don't check on here often...

andy.tvr at [email protected]

H

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.