Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You have a standard 180 or 225 TT with no mods yet ... Your about to start doing things to it,

which order would you do things in...

ie: would you sort the wheels 1st, remap 1st, exhausts , lights, lowering it, body kits ect ect ect ?

List your top 10 in order with No.1 being the best or 1st thing you would do,

If you know the approx cost to each mod include the price so ppl know how much its gonna be roughly.

·
Premium Member
14,447 Posts
Caliper covers.
Go faster stripes.
Furry dice.
ignition key waste nut cover.
4" dia tail pipes
Chrome wheels
Light masks
Pink resprayed TT
Nodding dog on parcel shelf
20" base box
1000wt amp
Car slammed so low to the ground you cant drive it on most roads.

:p

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Well I guess it depends if you want to go down the performance route or the styling route?
personally I'd go for these initially:
Remap and diverter valve £400
suspension £300-£400 > onwards
Wheels (if standard) £600 > onwards
Brakes

Les you haven't got a furry dice! :lol:

·
Premium Member
14,447 Posts
Sickboy said:
Well I guess it depends if you want to go down the performance route or the styling route?
personally I'd go for these initially:
Remap and diverter valve £400
suspension £300-£400 > onwards
Wheels (if standard) £600 > onwards
Brakes

Les you haven't got a furry dice! :lol:
Drat sussed, :( but there are on my "things to mod" list mate :idea: :wink: You cant do all your wanted mods in such a short period of time :roll:

·
Premium Member
14,447 Posts
B16 UNG said:
les you forgot the chrome tinded windows and itallic number plates :p LOL 8)
TUT! what do you think I am, some kind of CHAV :x

·
Registered
367 Posts
Probably depends on what you are going for. I am just about to start my mods over the next few months, this was all supposed to happen last year but ended up buying a house instead. I don't know much about modding the car but do know what I want done.

1. ECU Remap from 225bhp to 265bhp - Cost £99
2. Considering body styling the TT so possible change to front and rear bumper and side skirts - Cost + Fitting ???????
3. Automated Spoiler! - Cost £????.
5. New Black Soft Top and frame and a whole body rap for the car in orange and carbon fibre black - Cost £1500
6. Wheel Spacers
7. New Black or Carbon Effect Alloys with performance Tyres
8. LED Lights all round, license plate, head lights, map lights etc - Cost ???
9. Carbon Fibre Interior Upgrade for Audi TT - Cost $599
10. In Months/Years go for turbo upgrade which includes many other upgrades so no great detail on this. Cost -Thosuands! :D

Not great detail in many of these things as I have a lot more to look into. The Mapping is done and the body colour change, soft top, alloys and wheel spacers are going into action over the next months to get them done. Looking at taking care of visuals until I am a little older, more experienced driver, will then start tinkering with performance. Can't afford to fire up my insurance just yet.

Anyway it is my to do list, will obviously be looking for input on the forum and this is probably pretty far from what others would do. Other little bits and bobs will probably pop up in the meantime no doubt but it's good to have a plan.

When I come to do performance I would probably be looking at a revamp to make the TT like new again, I know most would say buy a new car, but I truly love my TT so even when I'm in the big bucks it will be a little lover that will be kept with me as long as it lives.

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Don't want to piss on your chips but I've yet to meet anybody getting 265 bhp from a stage 1 remap!
I don't know where these tuning companies get their figures from?! :?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Being devils avacado has the bhp been proven or is it claimed?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Did have a Dyno but this is over 2 years ago now. Could possibly drag it up. There were others who got the exact same deal as me so it could be possible that they have evidence for it. It was my Dad who did the whole thing, he is a massively experienced driver, has a super-charged Honda's S1 Elise and used to Race, if he says it's 265bhp then to me it is 265bhp. I will try recover what documentation I can though to back up my claim. I'm sure others who read this later on will agree with me as if they got the same done as myself they will have gotten near identical power outputs.

I have been in a conversation like this before which makes this pretty funny, it is normal for people to question without having seen documentation or sat in the car. I would do the same. Anyway I will do what I can just so it can be cleaned up and referred to in any future discussions. For now it's just a case of believe it or not, doesn't really make any difference I suppose, I just want people to know what they could get for their money. I already have it so no loss for me, just room for others to gain! :p

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Hey - dont worry I wasn't being negative I just like to ask the question others are thinking mate

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
1. BIG TURBO (Mortgage)
2. Full respray (colour change) 2k
3. Full body kit 1.5k
4. oopps should have done the body kit 1st.. dam.. Another full respray (change colour again) TVR 3 tone 10k
5. Big Breaks 1k
6. remove and sell big breaks to pay for full service. £600
7. Porsche break covers. (They look just as good) £15
8. Stopping distance increased due to lack of breaking power an damage my front bumper in the process. So new bumper purchased £800
9.6 pots purchased again £500 (ebay bargain :p )
10. Air freshener £2

:roll:

·
Registered
928 Posts
So far all I've done is added

1) V6 rear valance - £35

I intend to do the following ...

2) arm rest - £229 (unless someone knows where I can get a cheaper red arm rest?)
3) QS replica wheels with Falken tyres - approx £650
4) 20mm rear and 15mm front spacers - approx £100 from ebay
5) de-badge the rear - ?? maybe some for polish etc
6) stage 1 remap - ??
7) Alpine stereo with Ipod connection - £250ish
8) Forge big knob - £60

not sure what else really, maybe

9) Blueflame exhaust
10) front splitter - £30

If these prices are wrong please feel free to let me know the right ones :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.