Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All , sorry if this comes across as a stupid question but does anyone know what the hyperfetical top speed of a manual TT would be before it ran out of cogs ?
Say if you had 400bhp no limiter and very long runway

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
The TDi has a top gear of roughly 34mph/1000 revs and a rev limit of 5350rpm, so in theory you could do nearly 182mph if the car could turn the gearbox at that speed. On the standard car it just manages 4300rpm in top gear (about 145mph), so I'd have to say my significantly torquier (and 20% more powerful) remapped car could probably go a bit quicker than the standard car. How much quicker? Who knows? It will have to wait until the autumn when I'll be back in southern Germany again.

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
VSPURS said:
My car was run in 6th at the North v South Rolling Road day before and reached 190mph before it hit the limiter!
Not sure if that was what you meant?
I think he means actual driving. I cant see any TT getting to that speed in reality.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Matt B said:
V6RUL said:
My TT is limited to 7400 and 26 mph/1000rpm
Steve
192.4 mph, I dont think thats going to happen. Maybe on a dyno without, maybe, I dont know little things like wind resistance :roll:
Yeah, agreed!
There is no way mine would achieve 190mph in the real world but good to see those numbers on the dyno!
:eek:

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
VSPURS said:
Matt B said:
V6RUL said:
My TT is limited to 7400 and 26 mph/1000rpm
Steve
192.4 mph, I dont think thats going to happen. Maybe on a dyno without, maybe, I dont know little things like wind resistance :roll:
Yeah, agreed!
There is no way mine would achieve 190mph in the real world but good to see those numbers on the dyno!
:eek:
I think it might Steve! It was 192mph on the dyno (I have a pic :wink: )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.