Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to order some audio equiptment over the coming weeks/couple months and have setteled on TWO possible choices.

1st: Alpine unit i have seen a few fitted with forum members cars

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-ida-x305s.html

BUt im leaning towards PIONEER;

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-mvh-8200bt.html

Prefer the look of the pioneer but not seen anyone with any experience of this particular model - will be upgrading all speakers sub amp etc so both have what i need in terms of outputs etc...

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Alpine all the way over "standard" Pioneers

·
Registered
194 Posts
I saw a new one today... Cda 117Ri looks pretty good. I was thinking about the 305 too but think I might go for this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UKRPG said:
Can you elaborate - i have heard that the Pioneer units are one of the best - it seems when i go to one shop alpine is best - then pioneer.

I just want a high quality media headunit with 3rca outputs - brand is not really an issue if youc an suggest any others i might check?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
physiojlb said:
I saw a new one today... Cda 117Ri looks pretty good. I was thinking about the 305 too but think I might go for this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nice looking unit but i dont have any need for the CDs so thats why im after a media unit.

i think the pioneer looks ALOT better but at the end of the day - its function and quality that matters.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Pioneer are fine and theyre highest units are brilliant however theyre standard units suffer from Halfrauds sell out desease in my opinion and have reduced internal quality for functionality youll never use along with silly screens

Alpine although not as good as they were have continued to focus on sound quality over crap and as such continue to use higher spec internals and have always headed up the mass market range of makers

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UKRPG said:
Pioneer are fine and theyre highest units are brilliant however theyre standard units suffer from Halfrauds sell out desease in my opinion and have reduced internal quality for functionality youll never use along with silly screens

Alpine although not as good as they were have continued to focus on sound quality over crap and as such continue to use higher spec internals and have always headed up the mass market range of makers
good to know - any other brands worth checking out?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
i like the design of the pioneer more than the alpine but like UKRPG said, alpine are all about quality and you will find it hard trying to better the sound quality that alpine offers :)

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
UKRPG said:
Pioneer Bluetooth is far far better. But Sat nav and ipod is better on a apline!

I think you need to get more than 2 peoples opions before deciding.

I had a Pioneer BT1 which was gorgeous, sat nav was usless and I was scared it was going to get knicked, ipod control wasnt great either, but sound quality was supurb as was bluetooth

Then I had a Pioneer BT 85 (I think) - Bluetooth was amazing and so was ipod control and sound, sold car and unit went with.

Now have apline ida 100 (everyone seems to have) - It doesnt have bluetooth and teh module you buy and add to is ***** bad, so bad i sold it!

I want a pioneer again now for bluetooth quality alone!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeh - i have been hunting around and reading alot.

whilst the bluetooth will be used - the main goal is sound and iphone/pod playback as it will be used almost 100% for this - cyprus is so small very few journeys taken require the use of the bluetooth for calls.

i am leaning towards teh alpinea s alot have said the sound quality is better - general forum reading etc - but the pioneer is very sexy - i can imagine it would have menu system not quite as straight forward as the alpine's

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
My vote goes for the Alpine they make quality stuff. I wouldn't pick either though. They look to damn complicated I'd never get it to play a CD. :lol: :oops:

·
Registered
744 Posts
I've had a Pioneer BT unit for the last 18 months and cant fault it.

When I was looking at head untits I was told Alpines bluetooth was not the greatest and it was an add on box so I went for the Pioneer and am well pleased, good sound quality, easy use of i-pod and the bluetooth works great, just what I was looking for in a headunit

E

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
The is only one solution and thats to go to a car audio shop, try them both and buy the one you prefer

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
UKRPG said:
The is only one solution and thats to go to a car audio shop, try them both and buy the one you prefer
Here in lies my problem and my need for input - firstly there are no Large audio shops in cyprus - and independants typically carry a single brand which is difficult for a comparison other than functionality.

i know halfords in UK you can go and check them all in in a half hour with sound and stuff but here i dont have that luxury - im sure i will get a good sound from either - as bluetooth is not high on the list of must haves - its a case of its its available with bluetooth then i might as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.