Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The best prices I found for the Toyo proxies at 19 inch were from blackcircles. 1k for the four of them fully fitted.

I made sure they are the RO1s.

Anyone got these cheaper? They seem hard to get these tyres.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
mrdemon said:
Westfields are shit

:)
Compared tooo?

I wont be getting one...... too bloody short in teh leg for me even with lowered floor! [smiley=argue.gif]

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
vlastan said:
Toyo lasted 7k miles! and they grip well. Pilot sports 3 were also a choice I looked but if the TTRS has been tested with Toyo, it must be the best choice
no :)

EVO ran a TTRS twice at Beford it was much slower with the Toyo's on

Audi fit the them because they are cheap, the bridgestone are better than the Toyo and the PSS are better than the Bridgestones.

Bridgestone were standard fit before Audi tried to save money.

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mrdemon said:
vlastan said:
Toyo lasted 7k miles! and they grip well. Pilot sports 3 were also a choice I looked but if the TTRS has been tested with Toyo, it must be the best choice
no :)

EVO ran a TTRS twice at Beford it was much slower with the Toyo's on

Audi fit the them because they are cheap, the bridgestone are better than the Toyo and the PSS are better than the Bridgestones.

Bridgestone were standard fit before Audi tried to save money.
Out of 15 tyre types on blackcircles Toyos are the most expensive at 258 each. So you are wrong they are not cheap but the most expensive of all.

Did Evo run them for racing at Bedford on the track? I dont do track days.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Camskill has these prices

I was in Costco the other day as well, and inquired about the price of 255/35 R19s - Pilot Super Sports were around £280 a corner fully fitted, which didn't seem as cheap as Costco normally is for tyres

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m55b0s337p0/C ... _255_35R19

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
vlastan said:
Toyo lasted 17k miles! and they grip well. Pilot sports 3 were also a choice I looked but if the TTRS has been tested with Toyo, it must be the best choice
Mate you can't win with some people they always always know best. I'm totally new to Audi but I've had many other cars. My last car was 400 BHP and it produced 550NM of torque. I had Toyo T1Rs on this car. They were 245/30/20. It was massively quick. These tyres were brilliant. The car handled great and they performed in everyway. Now I haven't had the other tyres mentioned in this thread so I won't and can't comment on them. But what I can say is that IMO Toyo are a great tyre.
If you like them I would certainly buy them. I was really pleased to see that when I collected my new TT that it came with Toyo tyres. :p :p :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts