Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
19,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as heading says, i am after some ideas for a track fun car for the guys at work. it needs to have a proven record on a strong engine and reliability, as we are going to punish it big style tbh. it will not be a road car at any point and will arrive and depart from track on a trailer. i was thinking of maybe golf mk2 or a mk3 cortina as two cars from my youth that i had serious fun in.
what you think folks, and why have you chosen the car you have?

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
Gazzer said:
as heading says, i am after some ideas for a track fun car for the guys at work. it needs to have a proven record on a strong engine and reliability, as we are going to punish it big style tbh. it will not be a road car at any point and will arrive and depart from track on a trailer. i was thinking of maybe golf mk2 or a mk3 cortina as two cars from my youth that i had serious fun in.
Because you're incapable and dangerous... :wink:

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Gazzer said:
What is the budget?

Joe

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Think £60000 should be ok :D

·
Registered
19,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
guys its a fun track car............and the mk2 golf or mk3 cortina should have been an indication of my thoughts lol.
i have offered £800 on a half decent mk2 golf that the guy wants £1500 hundred for :?

budget is a work in progress tbh as it will be get it make it work.......track it, ok how can we make it better, sort of a job

·
Registered
19,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Adam-tt said:
i would have thought a bmw would be a good pick
at last tghe voice of reason.........ok adam what would you suggest for a basic track car..............bearingv in mind i will be buying a cat 3 min car

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
Gazzer said:
Adam-tt said:
at last tghe voice of reason.........ok adam what would you suggest for a basic track car..............bearingv in mind i will be buying a cat 3 min car
Humourless git. :?

·
Registered
19,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rustyintegrale said:
Gazzer said:
Adam-tt said:
Humourless git. :?
rich am trying to be serioius for a change lol

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Gazzer said:
Hi Gazzer, just trying to save a life here...not being funny. I was going to say an early Lotus Elan if that helps...easy to work on...easy to maintain...excellent handling...capable out of the box. I don't have a track car as such but my TT is very capable.

Enjoy

Joe

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Gazzer said:
Wallsendmag said:
MkI TT you can get them for peanuts, strip it sell the bits and bob's your cross dressing aunt
go back to sleep ya twot lol...............copy of the latest beano comic on way for you
:lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts