Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent £470 on Monday by bank transfer to a guy on the VX220 forum. Item arrived by special delivery today. Perfect condition, perfect packaging.

All done on trust. Never met him, only talked via pm.

It's unfortunate that there are a few conning scum out there, out to make a quick buck, that ruin it for the others.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,925 Posts
Last week I bought a 2007 Audi A4 Sline Avant off a guy, I didnt even speak to him, all email and txts

I arranged for it to be collected on a Transporter - Job done, Arrived The Same Day as I transferred the Money
Now that is trusting :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,283 Posts
Sold my TT lastt week and the guy insisted on paying the £12k in cash. My sister who works in a bank was on hand to check each note and each 20 was counted in turn. I also asked him to bring two proofs of id (passport and license) which I photo-copied (just in case of money laundering etc). There is a reason the word 'fooled' is used in such circumstances. I'm sure the scouser jokes will emerge (f#ck off Jammin :) but for f#cks sake get street wise, or get screwed. Honestly if the above had robbed me as he has supposed to have robbed others, then he would certainly have met me and three of my burliest mates to ensure a full refund was secured, one way or another. [smiley=bigcry.gif]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,150 Posts
Would the police get involved if you randomly put 12k cash into your bank?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KammyTT said:
Would the police get involved if you randomly put 12k cash into your bank?
lol? ^^ really? Or is that tongue in cheek?

I've paid for my last three cars in cash and sold the TT for cash.

Biggest one was £11k and the bank weren't really fussed. I don't know why you'd need someones proof of ID either if the notes are ok. But I don't have a sister who works in a bank, so there is probably good reasoning for it.
 

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
Joined
·
95,351 Posts
Hi, Dealers & may be banks, are "supposed" to inform authorities if cash of more th £8k are paid in, but I suppose depends who you are. PITA for the person who has to count it. :p
Hoggy. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,283 Posts
The bank, simply asked me where it came from. Told them I had sold my car and offered them the details of the purchaser. They said they didnt need to see them :? Only problem I had was being asked to wait and meet with one of their advisors (I thought here we go), but they just wanted to sell me stuff (typical bank eh) :?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,342 Posts
BrianR said:
Sold my TT lastt week and the guy insisted on paying the £12k in cash. My sister who works in a bank was on hand to check each note and each 20 was counted in turn. I also asked him to bring two proofs of id (passport and license) which I photo-copied (just in case of money laundering etc). There is a reason the word 'fooled' is used in such circumstances. I'm sure the scouser jokes will emerge (f#ck off Jammin :) but for f#cks sake get street wise, or get screwed. Honestly if the above had robbed me as he has supposed to have robbed others, then he would certainly have met me and three of my burliest mates to ensure a full refund was secured, one way or another. [smiley=bigcry.gif]
Nice one Brian [smiley=thumbsup.gif] " F*ck off Jammin"... :lol: ......has James moved to Jamaica :wink: :D :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,084 Posts
KammyTT said:
Would the police get involved if you randomly put 12k cash into your bank?
Kam it is mostly for money laundering and firms doing cash jobs that were banking 8k or more at various times of the month. i done a railing job for a builder that had a coffee table drawer full of 50's a few years ago, i had to incorp vat within the price to get the job. np's i just overpriced it tbh lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,283 Posts
But I don't have a sister who works in a bank, so there is probably good reasoning for it.[/quote]

Guess it was about giving the guy buying the opportunity to pull out if he was bogus and a paper chain for the police should any wrong doing ever be suspected
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,283 Posts
merlin c said:
BrianR said:
Sold my TT lastt week and the guy insisted on paying the £12k in cash. My sister who works in a bank was on hand to check each note and each 20 was counted in turn. I also asked him to bring two proofs of id (passport and license) which I photo-copied (just in case of money laundering etc). There is a reason the word 'fooled' is used in such circumstances. I'm sure the scouser jokes will emerge (f#ck off Jammin :) but for f#cks sake get street wise, or get screwed. Honestly if the above had robbed me as he has supposed to have robbed others, then he would certainly have met me and three of my burliest mates to ensure a full refund was secured, one way or another. [smiley=bigcry.gif]
Nice one Brian [smiley=thumbsup.gif] " F*ck off Jammin"... :lol: ......has James moved to Jamaica :wink: :D :lol:
He has when I write his name :lol: sorry james :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,475 Posts
Sold my 03 Audi S3 5 years ago to a 20 yr old lad who came down from london in an astra van with £13.500 in cash in a tesco bag :lol: Took him to the bank and they checked it over, Handed him the keys and he let his 18 yr old bird drive it back, She stalled it twice as she set off :eek: I cringed!! What an idiot, They were selling for good money then, paid £13.500 for it and sold it 12 months later for the same :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,416 Posts
It's weird. I use the same username everywhere and I would rather give a buyer the item than get my trust ratings cocked up. I regularly buy and sell VERY expensive stuff and I've never had any hassle, but I'm just appalled at some of the things I've been reading - particularly this Mike Coulthard - and I guess I'll have to be a lot more careful in future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
CWJ said:
Hark said:
Why has this been made in to a new thread? Can delete it for me, I didn't create this thread. :?
Read the last post from the original thread. This is a police case now and this lovely banter is not adding anything. :roll:
Yea John H has just pmed me and kindly taken the time to explain what was going on. (why it was moved etc). Hadn't read the other thread since, so obviously missed it. Hopefully it will end well.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top