Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi TT owners,

I am looking to get a TT 225 and just want a bit on general info on them. I currently have a Clio dci 100bhp which I bought as my first car because it was so cheap to run. Had that 2 years now and I'm now looking to get a better car. Had a look at insurance for a TT 225 and its not that much considering im only 20. It would be quite some upgrade I think.

Whats the mpg and tax on them like? And is there any other info I need for buying one?

Whats the differences between the 180, 225 and v6? (apart from the engine sizes and bhp lol)

Im looking to spend around £5000.

·
Registered
83,930 Posts
MPG around town is 23/26 on a good run 33/37 this is from my mapped 225 the 180 is just the same
Make sure the cam belt/water pump etc have been changed it the last 5 years 60k also check everything on the dash is working correctly fuel temp gauge etc
The 180 225 and V6 all have the same standard spec and options from about 2002 on the V6 can come with a DSG gear box the turbos are manuals

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,359 Posts
Hi Shane, Approx remap to 250/5.
Service history is very important. cambelt/water pump every 65k miles or 5 years which ever comes first, dash instruments (dashpod) read correctly, coolant temp reaches 90 within a couple of miles & stays there.
Get written confirmation of cambelt/water pump change or reduce price by £500 & get it replaced ASAP.
3.2 V6 no turbo or cambelt to worry about, so should be more reliable, DSG may be weak link, unless you can find a manual.& a nicer exhaust note.
Don't rush into it. A good TT is a wonderful car, a bad un can be a money pit.
Plenty of good uns out there, but probably more bad uns, so as I said don't rush into it.
Hoggy. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts