Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Just hoping someone can give me a bit of help/advice.
The aerial has snapped off my car and the threads on the bottom part have disintegrated rendering it useless.
The part number is 8j7035501b and can only find this part at over £100.
So my question is this.
Is there a cheaper alternative available or is there some sort of conversion that allows a different aerial to be fitted altogether.
Any links to suitable items or advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks and look forward to hearing from someone

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Quattro Roadster
12,789 Posts
Part number 8J7035501B is for the Radio Antenna and Control Module, part number 8J7035849B is the Antenna.

If the internal threads in the Control Module are still good, you should be able to either get an OEM Antenna from Audi or an online store (eBay). If the internal threads for the Antenna are damaged, then you'll need to replace it with another OEM Module.

If it's just the Antenna that's damaged, some non-OEM Antennas include multiple studs to accommodate different bases. Someone mentioned the OEM Honda S2000 Antenna will work too. Another option is to go with a "stubby" if reception isn't an issue as shown here on my Roadster.

Roadster Aerial Removal
https://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... &t=1891149

AntennaBaseControlModule.JPG

AntennaBaseControlModule-01.JPG

Antenna.JPG

Ant-Base-Removal.JPG

StubbyAntenna.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have had v poor radio reception for ages not helped living in a valley but corrosion betweeen mast & amplifer screwthread has finally meant I will be replacing both mast & amplifier for my roadster. I have both the parts and will likely be doing this in the next 2-3 weeks - has anyone done this before themselves - looks straightforward from the pictures (Thanks SJP) - but looks can sometimes be deceiving :) - Any tips appreciated.

·
Registered
519 Posts
First hurdle - I think my antenna securing nut is related to the wing mirror securing bolt - soaked in easing oil 3-4 days - not budging - hack saw required photos/DIY to follow - Need to get if fixed at the weekend as I hit a deer in the Polestar & it's going to the body shop - Clearly could n't hear me coming ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.