Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's finally gone. I bought it with quite a sensible head on as I was doing 14,000 per year at the time so knew when that changed I'd probably buy something less sensible, but I can honestly say I've really enjoyed TT ownership.

The best bits:

- Style (in and out)
- Handling (even in the wet with Goodyear F1's)
- General build quality (see below)
- Great engine. Not the fastest but so useable and smooth for a four pot.
- Good drivetrain. The combination of easy to use throttle, gearbox and clutch made it really easy to drive fast.
- Great economy and low running costs.
- General refinement. Even after long journeys I was never tired.

Not so good:

- Took a few visits back to Audi to get it sorted - rattles, new clutch, fuel sensor.

Whilst looking for a new car I drove quite a few sports cars, Porche's, Jag's, Audi's, BMW's and 90% of the time I was happy to get back into my car as I didn't think they were significantly better. I liked the XKR but it was a touch too civilised, and the TTS (couldn't afford RS), but the RS4 stole the show for me so that's what's parked outside now.

I was surprised how emotional it was to see someone else driving away what was my pride and joy as it bought back quite a few memories - the buzz of speccing to my requirement, picking it up new from the dealers, it being my first ever new car and all that meant and even the kids being excited... I'm really glad I managed so find a private buyer who will be as enthusiastic as I am and, since he's a forum member, will dip back in now and then to follow his exploits - and share some of my experience from ownership with others of course. Bye for now [smiley=smash.gif]

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi, Sent you a PM about the RS4 alloy, is it still for sale? Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.