Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just want to pick peoples brains. I picked up my TT Roadster S-Line on Monday. Loving the car. However, I washed it for the first time last night and noticed something odd on the front bumper... There appears to be some sort of vinyl sticker over the front bumper, I'm not sure how else to describe it. Its very symmetrical which maybe suggests that it is fit as standard but it seems odd to me.

I've tried calling the dealer today (Wearside Audi) but it's his day off. Plus, I wanted some independent feedback from owners hence the question.

Any Feedback would be great, Thanks

Luke

Oh, and it has been keyed already!

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Hi Luke,
Welcome to the forums.

Any chance of some photo's of the bumper ?

If you find the person who keys your pride and joy. Just make it that ....well lets say...make it that he would be incapable of doing it again /spit.

Lets hope we can help you with your bumper and also post some pictures of your TT.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks for the response. I'll try grab some photos this evening but I doubt it'll show up too well.

I presume it's forum etiquette to post photos in the designated area only? I don't want to get off on the wrong foot!

And regarding the kind fellow that took the time out of his day to mark my car, lets hope I don't ever come into contact with him. The less said about that the better!

Thanks again

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Hi Luke - welcome to the forum :) .

Just put the photos in this thread. Sickening to have some pond-life key your car - hope you get it sorted quickly and cheaply.

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
It sounds like it might be Paint Protection Film which is as you describe, a clear vinyl? film. Close up you'd be able to see the edges of the film at or near the edges of the panel concerned.
Other panels may be protected, so check the bonnet and the front half of the wings.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
brittan said:
It sounds like it might be Paint Protection Film which is as you describe, a clear vinyl? film. Close up you'd be able to see the edges of the film at or near the edges of the panel concerned.
Other panels may be protected, so check the bonnet and the front half of the wings.
That sounds about right. So not something I should be concerned about then?

Classic scenario. You wash you car, find its been keyed, start to notice every minute blemish through paranoia (that just turn out to be flies) and then notice the front bumper and jump to the conclusion that its been banged and the world as you know it crumbles around you. Something like that anyway...

And sorry to come across like a bit of a novice here, but how exactly do I attach a picture?

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Sorry to hear of another TT that's been keyed. Some people just need their hands removed.

You can host photos in a free account like Photobucket or Flicker and then use the img tag at the top of the Reply-to-Post box OR click on the 'upload attachment' button below the box and just choose the pics direct from your PC, laptop, iFad etc etc.

As far as the film goes it's good to have; it's expensive to have fitted and does work to ward off the majority of stones. The downside is that it doesn't look particularly pretty.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
lucatillio said:
Thanks for that, just a case of getting used to the forum I suppose.

Hopefully the two attachments work. Never considered getting it in Red but as soon as I saw it, I fell in Love!
Welcome Luke,

That is a sweet looking car! Well done for picking a roadster.... :p

·
Registered
31,066 Posts
So whats the correct responce to someone keying/ding'ing your car?

punch in the face (or 10)?
key their car?
or walk away?

Audi do sell bumper protection kits - @100 from memory. No idea how well they compare to the other makers.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Toshiba said:
So whats the correct responce to someone keying/ding'ing your car?
punch in the face (or 10)?
key their car?
or walk away?
For Keying
None PC=how about cutting one of there hands off and if they do it again the other one. Extreme? yep indeed but it would make them think about it if a real deterrent was there. Unlike..

The PC correct and the world we live in in the UK = poor guy he just needs a hug and a pat on the head it's not his fault he was bought up that way was it. "Bless him" I bet he is lovely if you got to know him. Bless........now dont do that again.. there's a good boy...

Me! am none PC I use a apple :lol:

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I doubt it will make you feel any better but it could have been worse. Some low life slashed the roof on mine. [smiley=bigcry.gif]

Replacement roof cost over £2500. Fortunately I did not lose my NCD, but still increased premium at renewal and £700 out of pocket for the excess.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts