Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Were looking to change our 6 month old Jag XF for something without a roof and smaller. Our 2 contenders were the 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line STronic A5 and the 330D M Sport Auto BMW.

I've always liked the TT so got my girlfriend to take a test drive in a used TTS Coupe ( STronic ) yesterday and she's smitten with it. She much prefers it to both the A5 and 330.

So which car to buy, the TTS Roadster S Tronic or TT 2.0FSI Roadster S-Line Special Edition Quattro S-Tronic

Thoughts going through my head
-the car is going to be used for a daily commute giving an annual mileage of about 20k miles I need to get on average 30mpg ( this is what we achieve on average on the Jag at the moment )
-I like the look of the TTS's "upgraded" front end
-I'd expect to get better mpg out of the regular TT
-the TT is about £4k cheaper
-i much prefer the wheels on the Special Edition

Will there be a difference between MPG ?
The dealer told me getting the TT engine remapped would make very similar to the TTS, is that true ?
I've considered used examples but there seem a little thin on the ground especially in S-Troinc

Sorry the sporadic post but I'm in a quandary and really just want to do something so I can start thinking of something else.

Si

P.S. Hello from a Q7 owner of 3 years and a soon to be TT ( x ) Roadster owner

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
If you have been looking at Diesels, why not a TT TDi Roadster S-Line?

That will give you the economy and the looks. Remapped it will be quick too.

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
graTT58 said:

I think the OP wants an auto unfortunately, and the diesel won't come with that option, otherwise I think it might have been a possibility.

The dealer shouldn't be tempting you with remaps as they void the warranty and if you want the speed and teh look, then the TTS is the sensible option. A remapped TT will be close to a TTS, but you won't get the lights.

If you can afford it, TTS!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
graTT58 said:

That might have been an option but because we want S-tronic & Quattro & S-Line the only engine is the 2.0FSI :-(

I've read a couple of long threads about TTS mpg and people seem to be saying they are seeing the DIS trip2 showing 28ish and I'd be happy with that, I guess my query really is does the none "S" version return any better economy as the Audi figures don't show a great difference.

Thanks

Si

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wja96 said:
graTT58 said:

I think the OP wants an auto unfortunately, and the diesel won't come with that option, otherwise I think it might have been a possibility.

The dealer shouldn't be tempting you with remaps as they void the warranty and if you want the speed and teh look, then the TTS is the sensible option. A remapped TT will be close to a TTS, but you won't get the lights.

If you can afford it, TTS!
LOL, he was a young boy salesman and he did say he wan't supposed to be offering such services.

I think I'm with you on the get the TTS....I'm just going through the gallery looking at pictures at the difference visually.

Thanks

Si

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.