Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so when i go to TRY let someone sit in the back of my tt, i have to pull the leavers on eitherside of seat instead of just 1. this happens on both seats and its quite annoying any help appreicated.
Marc

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
staners1 said:
Ok so when i go to TRY let someone sit in the back of my tt, i have to pull the leavers on eitherside of seat instead of just 1. this happens on both seats and its quite annoying any help appreicated.
Marc
i have the same problem, so i'm interested in the solution to fix it :)

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
staners1 said:
Marc
Marc....why would you let anyone sit in the back? there is such a thing as buses or taxi's .. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
merlin c said:
staners1 said:
Marc
Marc....why would you let anyone sit in the back? there is such a thing as buses or taxi's .. :lol: :lol:
haha yeah i no but when push come to shove....

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I don't know the definitive answer but my first thought is that there are 2 catches, 1 either side of the seat. Both catches need to be released to fold the seat. I'd assume there is a mechanical link of some sort between the two catches which has become detached.

HTH

Mark.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
You should only need to use one latch

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
KammyTT said:
You should only need to use one latch
What I'm trying to say, although not very clearly it would seem, is that there are 2 catches on the seat frame, this would make sense as 1 latch on one side of the seat would be unsafe, the unlatched side of the seat would be able to move.

So I think there are 2 latches which should be connected together by a bar/cable so that operating one lever on either side of the seat would operate both latches and allow the seat to tilt.

If the bar/cable between the 2 latches has become detached, the lever will only operate one latch, therefore you need to operate both levers in order to operate both latches.

Is that any better? Sorry if it's confusing, I know what I mean! :lol:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
It's not five it's two five is the adjuster for the seat back ie back and forward. There handle you pull to release the seat works on a cam basis the plastic handle goes over a metal arm and that arm sit on a hub for want of a better word, there is a hole in the metal arm that locates on a pin in the hub it's about 6mm in diameter I think what has happened it your metal arm has come off the pin. Remove the plastic handle and with a pair of long nosed pliers try pull the metal out to the side off the seat and then up so it re locates on to the pin . Hope this works for you mate as if it doesnt I have a feeling you will have to take your seat totally apart to get the bar in the pic.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1sttt said:
It's not five it's two five is the adjuster for the seat back ie back and forward. There handle you pull to release the seat works on a cam basis the plastic handle goes over a metal arm and that arm sit on a hub for want of a better word, there is a hole in the metal arm that locates on a pin in the hub it's about 6mm in diameter I think what has happened it your metal arm has come off the pin. Remove the plastic handle and with a pair of long nosed pliers try pull the metal out to the side off the seat and then up so it re locates on to the pin . Hope this works for you mate as if it doesnt I have a feeling you will have to take your seat totally apart to get the bar in the pic.
Sorry I can now see that number 2 is the problem, ok i will try taking plastics off and have a look :p

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
You should get away with just prising the edges away from where you need to get to.

Just done this on an A6 to access the lumbar support electrics its less scary than it seems.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts