Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the new TT TDi have the Adblue system?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Jersey Paul said:
Not sure but it does come with a free Wurzels CD :lol:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Are there any passenger cars using Adblue? I thought it was for trucks? To be clear, VAG's "Blue Motion" range of cars do not, as far as I know, use Adblue technology.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Q7 will have Adblue.
Thought it might filter through the range to all TDi especially ones that offer the latest technology.

·
Registered
384 Posts
jakeman said:
Jersey Paul said:
Not sure but it does come with a free Wurzels CD :lol:
Oh and it runs on Cider/Biodiesel thats what makes it eco friendly :wink:

·
Registered
691 Posts
jakeman said:
Oh and it runs on Cider/Biodiesel thats what makes it eco friendly :wink:
there's a girl here at work who says whenever she gets a prick in her hand she always puts it in cider ... at least, i think that's what she says :lol:

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
Its not going to be easy to tell the petrol and diesel versions apart. Both sound the same at idle. :?

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
Makes me laugh. Audi claim 'advancement through technology' yet all the other car manufactures have had common rail engines for a good 6, 7 years. :lol:
Let me guess FSI is something new too - Didn't ford use it under the name SCI back in 2000.

Come on Audi, wake up and smell what you're shoveling.

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
Never liked the PD engines. I couldn't understand why VW persisted with them for as long as they did. Know we know!

So we can expect Audi and VW to launch HDDVD players next year then :p

·
Registered
610 Posts
Adblue is a water based urea injection system (depending on vehicle, the bottle can get refilled at each service, or can need to be topped up ocassionally). Merc are putting this technology on their new US-market diesel SUVs (yes, they are about to start doing diesel in the US).

It's used to lower the NOx emissions of a diesel engine; without it I doubt it would be possible to get a diesel car to pass an american emissions test (even the non california regs) while still maintaining reasonable cost and performance.

Craigy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.