Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Son's TT was rear ended on the M25 today by a new A Class. TT was slightly damaged but the Mercedes suffered far worse and was not drivable.

My son was doing 60 mph and was not sure just how fast the other car was going. Other than a slightly sore back he is OK. Doesn't appear to be any whiplash due to the well designed headrests which are well positioned compared to those in some cars.

Don't think the Mk 2 has an NCAP rating, but for me this just reinforces the feeling of solidity and safety I feel when I drive my TT.

Just thought this was worth sharing.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
BarrieB said:
Son's TT was rear ended on the M25 today by a new A Class. TT was slightly damaged but the Mercedes suffered far worse and was not drivable.

My son was doing 60 mph and was not sure just how fast the other car was going. Other than a slightly sore back he is OK. Doesn't appear to be any whiplash due to the well designed headrests which are well positioned compared to those in some cars.

Don't think the Mk 2 has an NCAP rating, but for me this just reinforces the feeling of solidity and safety I feel when I drive my TT.

Sounds nasty but hopefully everything works out okay for him. Must admit that the build quality of the TT gives a real sense of safety. :)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
35mphspeedlimit said:
BarrieB said:

Sounds nasty but hopefully everything works out okay for him. Must admit that the build quality of the TT gives a real sense of safety. :)
Thanks 35 mphspeedlimit.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
BarrieB said:
Frazo said:
Went into the back of him hmmmm, extremely sore back you say ? Horrible whiplash ? Hahaha
Don't think you read it properly Frazo. I said no whiplash. Incidentally, why the laugh?
Sadly in our claim culture I think his inferance is that although your son doesn't have whiplash he should claim for it anyway! Then people moan about high premiums but that's a whole other thing.
Glad he's ok... That's the important thing, no doubt could've been much worse.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Glad he is OK, yes TT's are a very safe place to be in an accident.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Any pictures?

Would be interesting to see how the TT coped at that speed.

Glad everyone is ok though man 8)

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
My limited experience of crashes is that the front-end of modern cars seems to be made out of crumple-zone custard or something as they just seem to get obliterated when they hit anything.

I'm glad your son's not badly damaged, make sure you getthe car repaired at an Audi approved bodyshop!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts