Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Have a BIT of a problem...

1.) TT car battery is dead, started it in the morning wouldn't start now. Thought ok Jump no problem. Dont drive it much.

2.) Now keyfobs wont open the car. I pressed the unlock button and noticed the very dim indicator flash on dashpod.

3.) Previous owner has Dlocked the car - i.e. I cannot insert the key into drivers or passenger side - has blanking plates.

4.) Tried opening boot through keyfob - no luck.

5.) LED flashing light for the alarm is not working. Dud!

Help! [smiley=bigcry.gif]

·
Administrator
33,450 Posts
Oops - isn't de-locking a great idea? - Not!

Are you in the AA or RAC? They might be able to get you in.

I think if I had this problem I'd remove the engine under cover and get a wire into the thick red lead on the starter motor - that's battery +ve. Chassis is -ve of course, so you should be able to get some charge into the battery this way.

·
Registered
28,013 Posts
Stating the obvious..... hope everyone learns about de-locking from this! :roll:

Can you jack the car up and get the undertray off?

the main feed to the starter may be accessible and if you can get crocodile clip wire on to it then you only need 12v there and -ve to any chassis part to get enough juice to power the central locking try and use the remote fobs.

If by the worst luck in the world the keys have lost their wireless connection to the car then you are well and truly screwed.

pm sent...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts