Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid question of the day - so forgive me.

My TT has developed an intermittant fault with the windscreen wipers - if i try to activate them there is a clicking noise coming from under the bonnet - and no arm movement. Best guess is a motor fault or a sticking relay somewhere. This is not helpful as the MOT is booked for Monday.

In my enthusiasm to sort it myself I have tried to removal the Scuttle panel - but before doing that you need to remoce the wiper arms - and here is the problem. The wiper arm nuts are covered by plastic covers recessed into the scuttle. The centre cover I can remove quite easily as there is a cut out you can use to lever off the cover with a small screwdriver. The left had one though seems to be so deep in the scuttle that no small screwdriver will reach in.

So... two questions - any one got any bright ideas what the fault with the windscreen wipers might be ? Am I on the right lines that the motor has failed.

Seondly how to get the left hand cover off - short of grabbing it with a mole wrench and wrecking it?

Thanks
David
Automotive tire Grey Vehicle door Automotive design Rim

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This might help -
Thank you the service position looks liek the answer to accessing the nuts

1 - 2 of 2 Posts