Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I should gt my TT early next month. Whist i love the look od the car as is i would only chage one thing, the tail pipe!

I would realy like to fit the OEM rear from the TTS. I am not after any performance gains here or a better sound, thats not what this car is about. I just want that look ( dual exit twin pipes)

So my question is.........

Can i get a rear valance off the TTS and a new exaust with the OEM tail pipes on it???

I realy like the TTS rear end and even though there is 4 exaust pipes it still looks understated!

Any body know if it can be done?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, still on the rear end, is the TT badge easily removed?

My dealer is not keen on removing it pre-delivery. I asked them to leave only the Rings on the back, like my A5, but they are not keen on doing this, any one else got their dealer to remove the TT badge?

·
Registered
547 Posts
It can be and has been done. One of the tuners has done it and posted the results on here a wee while ago. Don't recall who it was but I'm sure someone will provide you with the link.Think they used a custom exhaust though.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mint, was it OEM bits?

I am keen on it not looking a bit "Halfords Bad Boy"

·
Registered
547 Posts
I think the valance was oem and the exhaust was custom built.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Jace said:
Also, still on the rear end, is the TT badge easily removed?

My dealer is not keen on removing it pre-delivery. I asked them to leave only the Rings on the back, like my A5, but they are not keen on doing this, any one else got their dealer to remove the TT badge?
Morning Jace. The badges on the rear are very easy to remove. Simple heat them up very gentle with the wifes hair dryer or similar. Once nice and warm just prize them off nice and gentle. I have these to do jobs like that.

The badges are only stuck on with very mild double sided sticky tape. Heat them up to soften the glue. I also use these tools to remove the wheel weights which are stuck on in a similar way. Saves the tyre fitter digging massive trenches in your lovely nice wheels when having tyres replaced etc. :p :p

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
I have the TTS rear valance and a Pipewerx custom exhaust. It looks almost exactly like the OEM TTS rear.

I did try the OEM back box but the car wouldn't start, so there must be too much back-pressure or something.

One thing that absolutely shocked me was that you can run the car with no cat-back exhaust fitted and it makes no difference to the volume or tone of the exhaust at all.

Previously I had the Scorpion cat-back exhaust, but it was a bit.... OTT for my tastes. The Scorpion is effectively straight through as it only uses cherry-bomb silencers and it's noticeably more eager to rev than the standard exhaust.

You're looking at £500-ish all fitted with the rear valance.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
£500 !

Thats a bargin, I thought the rear valance would take up most of that the way audi charge!

Nice one.

Dont suppose you have a couple of pictures do you, also any model or reference numbers I could use?

Cheets

8)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
A credit card or fishing line can be used to easily remove the badges, then remove the sticky residue left with some WD40, IPA or tar remover then give the boot a polish.

The TTS rear valance (on the MY11 onwards TT's or earlier S Line bumpers) is:
8J0 807 421 F1RR (RRP £75.28 + VAT)
You also need the clip on silver trim that fits on the bottom of the valance:
8J0 807 514 1RR (RRP £52.31 + VAT)

Fitted with (wja's old) Scorpion system:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Goughy said:
For a fiver you could get some I suppose, I have never actually seen them before - where did you get them?
eBay. They are great. Soft enough not to cause damage but hard enough not to fall to bits. I got them because I got a puncture in my last car I had. That had HRE wheels on it. I took the wheel off and took the tyre to be repaired. I removed the wheel weights myself rather than the tyre fitter wreck my wheel with a screw driver. (Happened in the past on other cars).
Wheels weighs are much harder to remove than boot badges. These scrapers worked a treat. :p

Cos I've put these up on here it doesn't mean you have to go out and buy them. Just trying to help out and give ideas to members :p

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gizmo68 said:
A credit card or fishing line can be used to easily remove the badges, then remove the sticky residue left with some WD40, IPA or tar remover then give the boot a polish.

The TTS rear valance (on the MY11 onwards TT's or earlier S Line bumpers) is:
8J0 807 421 F1RR (RRP £75.28 + VAT)
You also need the clip on silver trim that fits on the bottom of the valance:
8J0 807 514 1RR (RRP £52.31 + VAT)

Fitted with (wja's old) Scorpion system:

Thanks for this info. I think those pipes stick out to far for me but i get the idea.

Cheers for the help

8)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I agree also, but short of welding new hangers on I can't see a way round it

·
Registered
986 Posts
I also read somewhere that Dental Floss is good for De Badging!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Gizmo68 said:
I agree also, but short of welding new hangers on I can't see a way round it
A pipewelders should be able to fashion something for circa £50.00. Would certainly make an improvement. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts