Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I've been trying to find someone to stage 2 map my Mk2 TT 2.0 Cesa engine, and can't find much info on the engine as I was told it is a rare engine. Log book says It's a TFSI, but after talking to R-Tech they said It is actually a TSI engine and they don't have a map for the ECU.
Has anyone had the same trouble, and does anyone know of anyone who can help me sort this out.

Log book says, TT Sport TFSI Quattro SA. And It's on an 11 plate.

Thanks in advance.
Atb, Steve.

·
Registered
2012 Stage2 TTS coupe
1,949 Posts
Your CESA is a Gen2 EA888 TSI motor
155kW / 208bhp 350Nm / 258 lbf⋅ft

Nothing rare about it at all.
When you purchased your downpipe (required for Stage2) what motor did you spec?

Reactions: Steve R

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi all. I've been trying to find someone to stage 2 map my Mk2 TT 2.0 Cesa engine, and can't find much info on the engine as I was told it is a rare engine. Log book says It's a TFSI, but after talking to R-Tech they said It is actually a TSI engine and they don't have a map for the ECU.
Has anyone had the same trouble, and does anyone know of anyone who can help me sort this out.

Log book says, TT Sport TFSI Quattro SA. And It's on an 11 plate.

Thanks in advance.
Atb, Steve.
Racingline should have a tune for your car. If not try HPA, I have their stage 2 software and hardware and I have ZERO complaints.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your CESA is a Gen2 EA888 TSI motor
155kW / 208bhp 350Nm / 258 lbf⋅ft

Nothing rare about it at all.
When you purchased your downpipe (required for Stage2) what motor did you spec?
Thanks for that FNC.
I'm only going by what I was told mate. Basically I was told the engine is rare and that is why R-Tech don't do a map for it as it wont be worth there while, and they only map TFSI and not TSI.
As for down pipe, I'm off to Hayward & Scott in Basildon tomorrow so they can make me a turbo back stainless steel Exhaust. What I need to know though, is do I need a 2 1/2" or a 3" bore.
And any other advise will be appreciated before I go ahead with the mods.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Racingline should have a tune for your car. If not try HPA, I have their stage 2 software and hardware and I have ZERO complaints.
Nice one delmar, I'll look them up mate, Thanks(y).
Any other info I need to know ?.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just realised, your in Canada, A bit far for me to go being in the UK :LOL::LOL:, but thanks for your input.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2012 Stage2 TTS coupe
1,949 Posts
Steve R said:
As for down pipe, I'm off to Hayward & Scott in Basildon tomorrow so they can make me a turbo back stainless steel Exhaust. What I need to know though, is do I need a 2 1/2" or a 3" bore.
And any other advise will be appreciated before I go ahead with the mods.
I would definitely go with a 3” downpipe (especially if you're going to have one custom-made).

Only issue with fitting a 3” pipe is there isn't much space if you have Quattro. The addition of a prop shaft doesn't leave much room for error. The pipe bends need to be exactly right or your exhaust will rub against your heat shield(s).

As it is, you 'may' end-up needing to replace / upgrade your engine mounts to reduce the amount of engine movement that would allow your exhaust to touch. This can be done proactively or you could just wait to see. I ended up replacing mine due to rattle when reversing, YMMV.

If it's up for consideration, I would suggest adding a Sport Cat rather than going 'catless'. A sport cat will keep you legal and should allow you to pass MOT (going catless is illegal and you'll have to re-install your old exhaust every time an inspection is required). There is no performance hit to adding a sport cat and it helps reduce pollution. Only downside is it adds cost.

Adding a resonator back into your exhaust is up to you (adding a resonator doesn't affect performance either way, but again adds cost). Resonators are designed to remove 'undesirable' frequencies (aka drone) while retaining the other frequencies that make up your exhaust 'note'.
Choice seems to be an age-thing. 20-somethings tend to like the additional growl, older people not so much. Personally prefer to hear my music while driving so I added an aftermarket magnaflow resonator when I upgraded my exhaust.

Anything further back is just for noise-sake. No performance increases with muffler changes. You could use your existing system if you want or add something custom.

Reactions: Steve R

·
Registered
99 Posts
Dear OP,

Here's a link to the sound clips.

I kept my axle back exhaust stock as the resonator and muffler are already tube and chamber which doesn't hurt performance and is pretty good at keeping the growl without the annoying high pitched metallic sound from glass packed resonators/mufflers/ non catted downpipes.

Racingline is a UK tuner company that has branched off all over the world. I have a bunch of Racingline products on my car as the company is well worth it, however, I went with HPA for my Stage 2 hardware and software because they have a rig with the specific and necessary Audi TT Quattro downpipe bends for optimal performance and clearance. Take a look. The software is specifically designed for your car based on the info from your ecu. Meaning that if you have an IHI turbo than your tune is specifically designed to use the potential of that turbo.

Unlike some older A4's and VW golf our cars (MK2) didn't come with the smaller K03 (KKK-BW) turbo but a bigger IHI turbo. HPA sells a OBD2 port reader that you use to read your cars info. Then they write you up a custom tune based on the potential of your car and email it to you. (Therefore you don't have to travel to Canada to get it done). The tuners at HPA were even able to make a better software setup for the APR GTX stage 3/4 turbo kit. Again that's just my experience with various software companies here in North America.

Tire Wheel Crankset Automotive tire Bicycle frame

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

Shoe Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive design Audio equipment Gas Automotive exterior Engineering

Tire Automotive tire Crankset Bicycle Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle Aviation Electronic instrument

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers delmar, cars looking good mate.
When you say, (Unlike some older A4's and VW golf our cars (MK2) didn't come with the smaller K03 (KKK-BW) turbo but a bigger IHI turbo.) Did you mean our cars as in mine and yours, or did you mean North American cars.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Cheers delmar, cars looking good mate.
When you say, (Unlike some older A4's and VW golf our cars (MK2) didn't come with the smaller K03 (KKK-BW) turbo but a bigger IHI turbo.) Did you mean our cars as in mine and yours, or did you mean North American cars.

Check out this video. Pop your hood and take a picture of your compressor housing, then you will know what turbo you have. I've got some wheel specs regarding the various VAG turbo's in the video description too.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would definitely go with a 3” downpipe (especially if you're going to have one custom-made).

Only issue with fitting a 3” pipe is there isn't much space if you have Quattro. The addition of a prop shaft doesn't leave much room for error. The pipe bends need to be exactly right or your exhaust will rub against your heat shield(s).

As it is, you 'may' end-up needing to replace / upgrade your engine mounts to reduce the amount of engine movement that would allow your exhaust to touch. This can be done proactively or you could just wait to see. I ended up replacing mine due to rattle when reversing, YMMV.

If it's up for consideration, I would suggest adding a Sport Cat rather than going 'catless'. A sport cat will keep you legal and should allow you to pass MOT (going catless is illegal and you'll have to re-install your old exhaust every time an inspection is required). There is no performance hit to adding a sport cat and it helps reduce pollution. Only downside is it adds cost.

Adding a resonator back into your exhaust is up to you (adding a resonator doesn't affect performance either way, but again adds cost). Resonators are designed to remove 'undesirable' frequencies (aka drone) while retaining the other frequencies that make up your exhaust 'note'.
Choice seems to be an age-thing. 20-somethings tend to like the additional growl, older people not so much. Personally prefer to hear my music while driving so I added an aftermarket magnaflow resonator when I upgraded my exhaust.

Anything further back is just for noise-sake. No performance increases with muffler changes. You could use your existing system if you want or add something custom.
Thanks for that FNC. I've PM'ed you mate.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Check out this video. Pop your hood and take a picture of your compressor housing, then you will know what turbo you have. I've got some wheel specs regarding the various VAG turbo's in the video description too.
Top info there mate, I'll have a look tomorrow as It's 11.30 pm here, gonna check your vids out (y)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
You have an IHI turbo, it's what mine has. Hooray, us CESA owners seem to be a rare breed on here :ROFLMAO: .
I have a stage 1 remap and it's running 271bhp and 407nm of torque (just over 300 lbft). Stage 2 may make you another 20 to 30 bhp and 50nm. Not sure it's worth the extra outlay.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You have an IHI turbo, it's what mine has. Hooray, us CESA owners seem to be a rare breed on here :ROFLMAO: .
I have a stage 1 remap and it's running 271bhp and 407nm of torque (just over 300 lbft). Stage 2 may make you another 20 to 30 bhp and 50nm. Not sure it's worth the extra outlay.
Stage 2 is much..... much..... faster. The reaction time is night and day, zero turbo lag. I'll dyno the car after the RFD delete and the WMI is installed. There's no point in doing it any other way.

I'm staying stage 2 for the foreseeable future, because it's acceleration should be criminal at this point. Let me rephrase, the car is much quicker in any part of the Rev range. Speed is a number, but fast is a feeling & my ads dyno could clearly feel the difference between stage 1 & 2.

Best.

Good luck with your journey.

Best

·
Registered
2012 Stage2 TTS coupe
1,949 Posts
delmar.atlas said:
I'm staying stage 2 for the foreseeable future, because it's acceleration should be criminal at this point.
:cool:
Yeah, Going to Stage2 definitely reduced turbo lag.
To be more accurate, the oversized downpipe reduced turbo lag and the ECU / TCU tune made acceleration nice and linear.
🚀

Reactions: delmar.atlas
1 - 20 of 37 Posts