Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi you all...

The windows don't close with the key control? I'm not talking about pressing the lock button till the window is up, i'm talking about the windows closing with just one push. My S3 did it...

The second one is about the tires. I confess i forgot to check the tires spec(i will do it tomorrow i hope i wont forget again), but i know they are Potenzas , with this RFT specification. Does it stand for "run-flat tire"??
All your cars in Uk come with this or are equipped with regular tires??

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
Windows should go all the way up or down with one touch. They may be out of sync. It sometimes happens if the battery has been disconnected. Your dealer shouldn't charge you to fix this.

My car definitely didn't come with run-flats and as faras I'm aware all new VW, SEAT, Audi, Skoda and Bentley have all been supplied new with Continentals for the last two years as VAG did a global deal with them. You don't say what your car is, but it could well have been retrofitted with runflats.

The lack of a spare is one of my greatest irritations with my TT - am I really supposed to wait at the side of the road for anything up to 2 hours for a recovery truck then have the car carried to a tyre fitter? I know 24hr mobile tyre fitters exist, but they tend to be at the list price end of the charging scale. Anyway - that's one of the very few things I don't love about my TT!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Hi VerTTigo. You can set the window closing in the DIS menu. Instructions are in the manual.

Sounds like your car does have run flat tyres. I've no experience of them, UK cars don't come with them on, but hopefully they won't handle or ride badly.

Edit: Just read your post properly. :oops: You may be able to reset your windows by holding the butons on the up position for 10 seconds. They should go all the way with one touch. Otherwise it's a dealer fix problem.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
talk-torque said:
Hi VerTTigo. You can set the window closing in the DIS menu. Instructions are in the manual.

Sounds like your car does have run flat tyres. I've no experience of them, UK cars don't come with them on, but hopefully they won't handle or ride badly.

Edit: Just read your post properly. :oops: You may be able to reset your windows by holding the butons on the up position for 10 seconds. They should go all the way with one touch. Otherwise it's a dealer fix problem.
Actually i didn't express myself correctly, i meant when i lock the car pressing the button in the key. The one touch function is working from inside, but when i lock the car i have to keep pressing the button until it goes all the way up. I thought the windows should close with just one touch. (in the key). :?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
No mate, unless you hold the button the windows do not move at all, up or down.

Just found this link on Bridgestone RFT. You do have run flat tyres. Do they seem to be OK?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
talk-torque said:
No mate, unless you hold the button the windows do not move at all, up or down.

Just found this link on Bridgestone RFT. You do have run flat tyres. Do they seem to be OK?
Regarding the first answer... why? My S3 had the one touch system, you get out of the car, press the button once and the windows go up... why the TT has the system my 99 A3 had??????? :evil:

About the second answer, they are ok, but oh they are hard and noisy, i wasn't expecting that. :(

Thanks for the help anyway mate!

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
VerTTigo said:
talk-torque said:
Regarding the first answer... why? My S3 had the one touch system, you get out of the car, press the button once and the windows go up... why the TT has the system my 99 A3 had??????? :evil:
My personal guess would be this?
If you have to keep your finger on the button, chances are you'll let go when you hear the scream. :eek:
If it closes fully automatically, how do you stop it? Would you remember in a panic? How long would it take you to react?
Same with the convertible hood.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let me remember how many danger situations i had with my S3 in the 4 years i kept the car... uhh , zero???

It is much more convenient if you have to press the button just once;

Not to metion that there is this safe feature that work when it senses something blocking the total closure of the glass and quickly open the window to prefent somebody getting hurt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.