Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,341 Posts
Hi, Depends how much you want to spend, but Falken 452 are perfect on my TT & VXR.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
83,928 Posts
Hoggy said:
Hi, Depends how much you want to spend, but Falken 452 are perfect on my TT & VXR.
Not tried them myself but hear nothing but good reports about them

·
Registered
240 Posts
im trailing the new falken fk 453,need a bit of scrubbing in but are excellent now,always used decent rubber such as p-zero,conti etc so im comparing to those and they are on par for me (fast road/occasional track (although not took these on track yet)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hoggy said:
Interesting you mention the 452's. I also had them on my Corsa VXR and they were awesome. The rubber on my 3.2 is pretty knackered - not illegal, but very tired, so I was planning to go the 452 route when I replaced. The budget option is Nexen 8000's. Had a set of them on a Mitisi 3000GT and they were actually very good for the money. I'm sure Contis etc are better still, but it all depends on deepness of the pocket. Mine are pretty feckin' shallow these days...

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,341 Posts
Hi, Could not get the Contis to last more than 6k miles on VXR, but Fakens +9k miles no probs, perhaps not quite so good on damp roads on a powerful front wheel drive, but for the price difference still excellent & they last.
Having probs getting them locally in the VXR size at present, so may have to resort to the internet.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
you said you dont want budget tyres but i've found that ovation VI-388 tyres are surprisingly good. low road noise, good grip, even in the wet. i put them on the rears first and they have done 8000 miles now and are still no where near half worn down. all this for £60 per corner. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
240 Posts
ades tt 180 said:
you said you dont want budget tyres but i've found that ovation VI-388 tyres are surprisingly good. low road noise, good grip, even in the wet. i put them on the rears first and they have done 8000 miles now and are still no where near half worn down. all this for £60 per corner. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
some budgets are quite decent ,i bought a VXR with Barum's on,gave them some serious abuse (even in the rain) and they were as good as some of the top brands,,did some digging and found they are made by continental,use almost the same compound and similar tread pattern,,kept them on till they wore out ,went for contis after but the barums were good

·
Registered
122 Posts
rory182 said:
Handbook ventus EVO v12, excellent value for money and good wet and dry grip. I'm a Michelin fan usually but rate these right up there.
+1 I would go with Hankook's too, they are just a few quid more expensive than Falken FK452's and lots better. I've had both tyres and I remember the FK452's were ok but wet grip was poor in my opionion.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have run mine on Pirelli P Zero rosso's for the last 2 or so years and I was pretty nervous about changing onto something quite a lot cheaper as they handled in all conditions however I have recently changed and I too went for the Falkens 452's and I totally agree with the others, there's nothing in it at all, they are pretty much brilliant and considering all the rain we've had in the last couple of months i would have known by now as I don't pussy about and on top of that they were almost £40 each cheaper, I got mine through Camskill online who are unbeatable for tyres imo...
So it's over to you :p :p

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
I'll echo the sentiments on the Hankook Ventus V12's. Fitted 4 to my Rover 220 turbo coupe approx 1000 miles ago and cannot fault them. Not bad at £85 per boot fitted for 205 45 16. I've previously fitted Toyo Proxy T1R's on a Mk3 GTI 16v and found them twitchy in the wet. Good in the dry though. Another downside with the Toyo's was the wear rate :eek: I only saw approx 7k on the fronts, and it's not like Mk3 GTI's are blessed in the power department!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
scooby-bloo said:
I have run mine on Pirelli P Zero rosso's for the last 2 or so years and I was pretty nervous about changing onto something quite a lot cheaper as they handled in all conditions however I have recently changed and I too went for the Falkens 452's and I totally agree with the others, there's nothing in it at all, they are pretty much brilliant and considering all the rain we've had in the last couple of months i would have known by now as I don't pussy about and on top of that they were almost £40 each cheaper, I got mine through Camskill online who are unbeatable for tyres imo...
So it's over to you :p :p
What dot tyres they gave you from camskill? thanks [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
240 Posts
Saffy said:
I had p zero rosso's and switched to vredestain ultra sessantas what a difference soooo much quieter and great in the wet but wear is terrible don't last long so switched to Goodyear asymmetric 2's and love them best tyre I have tried yet
i used the vreds on a 500 bhp GTST skyline (rwd one) and on track at 130 mph during a sweeping corner i had massive wobble,i discovered others who had used them on track had similar experiences ...great straight line grip and half decent for general road use but for high speed/track use they are a nono for me

1 - 20 of 31 Posts