Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I want to get some summer tyres for my 18" alessio's

I will only use these wheels for meets and some outings so

I want most grip, dont care about wear and will not be on in winter so wont need to be that good in the cold?

Oh and not too expensive pls??

·
Registered
315 Posts
To be honest I've just got my car and haven't purchased any tyres but I've found this site to be quite cheap plus P&P is included in the price. Check it www.eiretyres.com

·
Registered
315 Posts
I was looking at getting some tyres on my car too and came across these Falken tyres. Apparently they're high performance tyres. Has anyone ever come across these types before?

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Nem said:
Well don't buy Goodyear F1's

;)

Nick
Speak for yourself, myself and lots of others have found them to be excellent tyres!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nem said:
Well don't buy Goodyear F1's

;)

Nick
I have these on my comps and found them to be excellent?

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
F1's on mine too ,no problems and good grip in all conditions

I have Falkens on my A2 and they are great value ,have rim protection and good all round performance

Mark

·
Registered
41 Posts
For best grip Yoko Parada's or if you want more extreme and dont plan using in the rain Toyo R888's 8)

·
Registered
638 Posts
I too have driven on both Falken FK452's and now running on Goodyear Eagle F1's, The Falken's are a good value tyre, grip pretty good in all conditions and have low road noise.

The F1's on the other hand are a little bit more expencive, give off quite a bit of road noise, but the grip is noticeably better, wet and dry.

When I ordered my F1's, I ordered 2 in one and 2 in another, the first pair were the standard V tread pattern and the other pair were the assymetrical pattern, I have the assymetrical pair on the front and they hold well on roundabouts and take a fair bit of welly before they let go.

I'd go for the F1's personally, if it's grip you're after they'll be just the ticket.

Rhys.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Look for a tyre with a low 'Tread wear' number on the sidewall,
generally the lower the number the softer the compound
(all manufacturers have a differing reference level number of 100 which is usually very soft).

I would stay away from tyres such as the Yokohama A048s (and maybe Toyo 888s); the Yokos take some warming up before they give fantastic dry weather grip, they are quite noisy at certain speeds (AFAIK Toyo 888s are even noisier) and they have poor directional stability on the road, they follow every bump, rut and thick white line and the A048s, and 888 are dreadful with standing water.
They are both fantastic tyres for trackdays but I hate the A048s on the road.

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
S3SteveW said:
For best grip Yoko Parada's or if you want more extreme and dont plan using in the rain Toyo R888's 8)
I might have a set of Toyo R888s for sale soon 235/35/19s if you're interested. *edit* just noticed you said 18s, sorry bud...

They're up at APS on a set of wheels I just bought and I need to try them before I decide. I've also got a set of Falkens up there ready to go in if I hate them!

cheers

rich :p :roll:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thx for all the advice guys I think Toyo's may be the fav at the mo, looking around other forums they seem to have good summer grip and quite cheap, or I just get some more GSD3's Price dependant?

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Stub said:
Thx for all the advice guys I think Toyo's may be the fav at the mo, looking around other forums they seem to have good summer grip and quite cheap, or I just get some more GSD3's Price dependant?
I got new F1 GSD3s off Ebay at an excellent price. They're a great tyre with lots of followers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.