Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys running 19's tell me what size tyres you've got and what differences there are in 225 and 235 apart from the obvious width? Also which is the better budget tyre for noise and wear - Falken 452 or Nankang NS2?

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Naresh said:
Can you guys running 19's tell me what size tyres you've got and what differences there are in 225 and 235 apart from the obvious width? Also which is the better budget tyre for noise and wear - Falken 452 or Nankang NS2?
for a 19" you should be running 225/35/19 or 245/30/19. Alternatively 235/35/19 or 235/30/19 are possible but much further from the normal rolling diameter (but within the recommended 2.5% delta) See http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresiz2.html

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Bloody hell..! You still taking about wheels ?

i could have swore that i had been here for the last two weeks :roll:

Nankang NS2 i would say.. still crap though, just don't take roundabouts at any speed in the wet..

I run 235's but i can imagine that 225's will need to be stretched which will make the ride a little less comfortable..

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Jaayde I was originally planning on staying with 18's and keep my F1's but now the "poser" in me wants to make an impact with larger wheels. If the wheel size is 19x8 there shouldn't be a stretched look with 225's should there? I'd like to keep a straight shoulder profile which I'm hoping a 225 will give but I guess there is little difference in price between a 225 and 235/35/19?

·
Registered
84,237 Posts
Naresh said:
Yes Jaayde I was originally planning on staying with 18's and keep my F1's but now the "poser" in me wants to make an impact with larger wheels. If the wheel size is 19x8 there shouldn't be a stretched look with 225's should there? I'd like to keep a straight shoulder profile which I'm hoping a 225 will give but I guess there is little difference in price between a 225 and 235/35/19?
I have 235 35 19s on 8.5in wide wheels and tey give a stright sholder profile so 225 35 on 8in should do the same

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Yellow, just needed to check really as alot of the suppliers I've been checking out have varying tyre choices so I wondered if there were any benefits/drawbacks of going for a 235 width tyre even if the cost was the same.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Adam TTR said:
Suraj_TT said:
Im running 225 35 19's on 8.5.. And is perfectly alright!
yeah but yours is a 180... its different... :p
Adz, my man! My interior is looking a bit shiny - can you clean it again please :)

How u doing buddy? Im hopefully getting a remap by Wak soon, so can increase the power a tad without the £400 tax bill like u guys ;)

Hope you're well.. Lets not hijack this thread like me u and naresh seem to always do!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
hi mate,

I'll do yr leather no probs, whenever yr free!?

Glad yr going to Wak, hes brilliant, doing mine again shortly once my 3" downpipe, performance cats and FMIC's been fitted in a week or so! Cant wait.... RR day should be interesting :)

But lets not hijack the thread.... even though it Naresh's thread and we dont care haha

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for that Suraj, seems I'll be ok with 225's then, although most companies seem to be supplying mainly 235's with 19x8 wheels tyres.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.