Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a service and the have let me know that I have 2 tyres that are badly cut.

Currently I am running P - Zeros. Can I safely put 2 new different make tyres on the front or back? If not it will be 2 new P Zero's.

Any advice will be greatly received

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Roadster
11,517 Posts
I'm no tire expert, but as far as I know, mixing tires is generally not a good idea.

"Mixing tires is a bad idea because tires are designed with different traction and handling properties. ... Combining different types of tires with varying sizes, designs, and tread patterns will result in unpredictable and jittery vehicle handling and braking." - Is Mixing Tires a Bad Idea?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Sometimes it just isn't practical to change perfectly good/useable tyres unnecessarily. Always try and make sure that each axle has matching tyres at the very least.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Alternatively, fit 4 x Goodyear F1's (255/35 R19 @ £511 from Blackcircles fitted and balanced) and sell the good pair of P-Zero's

Just done exactly that with my RS3 selling 4 x Michelin Pilot Super Sports and fitting 4 x Goodyear F1 - I think it's cost me £50 all in for a FRESH set of rubber, happy days :giggle:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Yeah I would buy another two of the same but first I would be sure what the mechanic/shop is telling you is true (I don't trust "mechanics" and I know all of their make-a-buck tricks).

But yeah if they do have to be replaced replace with the same two. TT-S is also AWD so really it's the most ideal way. If you don't like the tyres you have on there or the good two are 50%+ worn though? In these cases you may as well replace all four. I know it's gonna more $$$ but them's the breaks with cars--forever money pits! 🤣

1 - 5 of 5 Posts