Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the correct pressures please as it is not on the label on my car as it did not come with 18" wheels originally.

Cheers,
Kev

·
Registered
494 Posts
KentishTT said:
Can anyone tell me the correct pressures please as it is not on the label on my car as it did not come with 18" wheels originally.

Cheers,
Kev
Unless its removed i think it notes all tyre pressures on the underside of the pop up petrol cap cover.. im sure someone who knows of hand will be along to give you teh specifics though

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ausTT said:
KentishTT said:

Cheers,
Kev
Unless its removed i think it notes all tyre pressures on the underside of the pop up petrol cap cover.. im sure someone who knows of hand will be along to give you teh specifics though
It does indeed note them there but not for 18" wheels as my car did not come with them and I guess they were not an option in 2001.

They may well be the same pressures as the 17" wheels should be but I just want to make sure.

In fact, if someone with a facelift roadster with 18" wheels (as standard) could have a look for me please and make a note of the part number of the sticker too, I'll order up a replacement sticker for my petrol flap :)

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Think it's something like 36 front, 38 rear 40 if loaded, but am sure someone will have a look for you to be sure.

steve

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, thanks Steve - looks like tyre size is irrelevant to the pressure as I'm sure that is what it says for 17" too.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
forest said:
Here you go Kev

Cheers

Iain
Thanks Iain, that's brilliant - part number and everything too [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ian222 said:
36 seems a bit much to me, always put 31 in.
On the front?

Yes, will give a harder rise too.

However, I did run my previous set of tyres at 30/31 PSI all round and the rears were fine but the fronts got very worn on the outside.

A few more PSI would have given more even wear across the tyre width.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
KentishTT said:
ian222 said:
36 seems a bit much to me, always put 31 in.
On the front?

Yes, will give a harder rise too.

However, I did run my previous set of tyres at 30/31 PSI all round and the rears were fine but the fronts got very worn on the outside.

A few more PSI would have given more even wear across the tyre width.
Would also stiffen-up side walls and help prevent pot-hole induced dents.

cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.