Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Martin - are you not going by what it states on the tyre sidewalls?

·
Administrator
33,050 Posts
mac1967 said:
lol...Good point John...

Alas, I just looked and it only states the pressures for 17s and 18s.

Regards,

Martin :)
Ah, well generally the same pressure for the same weight and width of tyre as the same contact patch area x psi = supported weight. You might want to wary it a little upwards as lower profile may have less flex in the sidewall and suffer from a lower load rating. But it depends on the tyre. They are also more difficult to spot when underinflated.

One trick is to paint a line of Tipp-Ex across the tyre tread and see if the line wears off evenly. If it wears at the edges first pump it up a little. If it wears in the centre let it down a little.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Tyre pressure stated on the tyre wall is maximum i think , and you dont want to go there , i was running 29lb's in my 235/35/19's
Dean at 4rings when i was having the car serviced around WAK's said go to about 31 to 32 as he has noticed the amount of cars he is servicing including mine were showing wear with under pressure tyres so increased it a little and i must say , the steering felt a lot better for it . Its only an extra 3lbs and made that difference.

·
Registered
19,838 Posts
36 front and 30 rear seems to be the form here, but I run 38 all round - it just suits me better... :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.